AKRON, Ohio, Oct. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- A. Schulman (Nasdaq-GS: SHLM), a leading global supplier of engineered plastics, will feature innovative masterbatches, custom-formulated engineered plastics, specialty powders solutions, and distribution services at the FAKUMA 2011 international trade fair for plastics processing, which will be held October 18-22, 2011, in Friedrichshafen, Germany.
Located in Hall B1, Stand 1112, A. Schulman's display will include high-performance compounds for metal replacement; masterbatches for white, black, color and functional additives; and powders for thermoplastic coatings – under the Company's well-respected POLYBATCH®, POLYBLAK®, POLYWHITE®, POLYSTAT®, SCHULADUR®, SCHULAMID®, POLYFORT®, PAPERMATCH® and ICORENE® brand names.
"At the FAKUMA show, our teams are proud to highlight how our role as a technology driver and innovative partner enables us to provide our customers with all-around solutions that give them an opportunity for a successful future," said Bernard Rzepka, General Manager and Chief Operating Officer, Europe, Middle East, Africa, for A. Schulman. "No matter what their market or application, customers can rely on us for innovative polymer solutions, extensive market knowledge and a high level of local and global service."
Among the specific solutions to be featured at A. Schulman's FAKUMA display are:
- High-performance plastic compounds that have "metal-like" properties such as excellent strength and rigidity, a low degree of creep, plus very high dimensional stability and outstanding energy absorption
- Next-generation polymer processing aids that offer excellent dispersion performance and an effective coating of the extrusion hardware, thus preventing melt fractures in film extrusion applications and boosting productivity for processors
- New powder-based materials for fluid bed coating applications in the "white goods" market
- High-performance nylon-based compounds that provide dimensional stability, chemical resistance, salt corrosion resistance and heat resistance for fluid management system applications
About A. Schulman, Inc.
Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, A. Schulman is a leading international supplier of high-performance plastic compounds and resins. These materials are used in a variety of consumer, industrial, automotive and packaging applications. The Company employs about 3,000 people and has 33 manufacturing facilities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. A. Schulman reported net sales of $1.6 billion for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2010. Additional information about A. Schulman can be found at www.aschulman.com.
Cautionary Note on Forward-Looking Statements
A number of the matters discussed in this document that are not historical or current facts deal with potential future circumstances and developments and may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements can be identified by the fact that they do not relate strictly to historic or current facts and relate to future events and expectations. Forward-looking statements contain such words as "anticipate," "estimate," "expect," "project," "intend," "plan," "believe," and other words and terms of similar meaning in connection with any discussion of future operating or financial performance. Forward-looking statements are based on management's current expectations and include known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, many of which management is unable to predict or control, that may cause actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those suggested by these forward-looking statements, and that could adversely affect the Company's future financial performance, include, but are not limited to, the following:
- worldwide and regional economic, business and political conditions, including continuing economic uncertainties in some or all of the Company's major product markets;
- the effectiveness of the Company's efforts to improve operating margins through sales growth, price increases, productivity gains, and improved purchasing techniques;
- competitive factors, including intense price competition;
- fluctuations in the value of currencies in major areas where the Company operates;
- volatility of prices and availability of the supply of energy and raw materials that are critical to the manufacture of the Company's products, particularly plastic resins derived from oil and natural gas;
- changes in customer demand and requirements;
- effectiveness of the Company to achieve the level of cost savings, productivity improvements, growth and other benefits anticipated from acquisitions and restructuring initiatives;
- escalation in the cost of providing employee health care;
- uncertainties regarding the resolution of pending and future litigation and other claims;
- the performance of the North American auto market; and
- further adverse changes in economic or industry conditions, including global supply and demand conditions and prices for products.
The risks and uncertainties identified above are not the only risks the Company faces. Additional risk factors that could affect the Company's performance are set forth in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K and the most recent Form 10-Q. In addition, risks and uncertainties not presently known to the Company or that it believes to be immaterial also may adversely affect the Company. Should any known or unknown risks or uncertainties develop into actual events, or underlying assumptions prove inaccurate, these developments could have material adverse effects on the Company's business, financial condition and results of operations. This document contains time-sensitive information that reflects management's best analysis only as of the date of this document. The Company does not undertake an obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements to reflect new events, information or circumstances, or otherwise. Further information concerning issues that could materially affect financial performance related to forward-looking statements can be found in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
SOURCE A. Schulman, Inc.