MONROE, Conn., April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Whether you are looking for a coming-of-age gift for a recent graduate or something unique for the dad who has it all, Swiss Army Knives from Victorinox are a classic, time-treasured gift. For more than 100 years, Swiss Army Knives have marked a variety of special occasions in one's life due to their quality, functionality and iconic design.
"There's something that's truly timeless about a Swiss Army Knife," said Rene Stutz, President and CEO of Victorinox Swiss Army, North America. "Whether you're buying for an avid outdoorsman, the dad next door or the kid heading off to college, a Swiss Army Knife is a unique and highly-functional gift that will be enjoyed for a lifetime."
The experts at Victorinox Swiss Army have compiled a list of unique gift ideas for dads and grads. The list is designed for every budget and includes a wide variety of innovative tools.
- Classic SD (MSRP $20) – From camouflage to Swiss edelweiss floral, the Classic SD comes in a variety of patterns and colors to suit any style. Each 2¼-inch knife comes with a blade, scissors, nail file with screw driver, tweezers and more.
- Jetsetter (MSRP $22.50) – This bladeless knife is perfect for the dad or grad who racks up frequent flyer miles. This 2¼-inch, TSA-approved knife comes equipped with six different functions for everyday needs.
$25 - $50
- Money Clip (MSRP $48.50) – This classic, 3-inch knife incorporates a built-in money clip to help keep cash and credit cards neatly organized in a pocket. The knife features five popular functions, including a scissors, tweezers, screw driver and more.
- Huntsman Wood Handle (MSRP $50) – The Huntsman knife features a beautifully crafted, hardwood handle with a wood grain and stain that is unique to each knife. This popular collectors' knife integrates more than 15 different functions.
- Bike Tool (MSRP $50) – The Bike Tool is ideal for the dad or grad who enjoys cycling. It incorporates five essential bike tools in a lightweight, compact case. It's a must-have companion for those long rides or quick trips to the corner store.
- Cadet (MSRP $39.50) – The Cadet is a great starter knife because it features some of the most popular, time-tested tools. It comes in a wide variety of colors and can be personally engraved with a graduation date or other special message.
- Signature Lite (MSRP $43.50) – This highly unique, 2¼-inch knife combines the classic tools of a Swiss Army Knife with a ballpoint pen and LED light. It's ideal for those unexpected moments when a flashlight is needed.
$50 - $100
- Hunter Pro (MSRP $82.50) – The Hunter Pro takes the multi-functionality of a traditional Swiss Army Knife and boils it down to a single, beefy, multi-purpose blade. The combination serrated and straight, single blade is ideal for any one-handed outdoor maneuver, including cutting rope, trimming branches, slicing fishing line, or even to baton a piece of wood.
- Hunter XT (MSRP $64) – The Hunter XT is easy to grip thanks to its unique ergonomic shape and dual-density handle. Large thumb holes on each implement make it easy to open – even when wearing gloves.
- GolfTool (MSRP $70) – The GolfTool is ideal for the golfer in your life. It integrates 11 different functions, including a divot repair tool, ball marker, groove cleaner and a nylon pouch that easily clips to a golf bag.
- SwissChamp (MSRP $100) – This knife has been called a "toolbox for your pocket." It contains 33 different implements, which makes it perfect for just about any situation.
- Cigar Knife (MSRP $105) – The 3-inch Cigar Knife integrates a blade and scissors along with three laser-sharpened, circular cigar holes. Its classic, stainless-steel design is guaranteed to grab the attention of all onlookers.
- SwissTool Spirit X (MSRP $117.50) – This stainless-steel multi-tool is perfect for a Do-It-Yourselfer who wants quick access to a variety of tools. It's also a great gift for college students who need basic tools for dorm life.
For more gift ideas and information about Victorinox Swiss Army Knives, visit SwissArmy.com and click on the Swiss Army Knives tab.
About Victorinox Swiss Army
Victorinox Swiss Army produces and sells unique, high quality products worldwide which are of practical use in differing areas of life: Swiss Army Knives, Cutlery, Timepieces, Travel Gear, Fashion and Fragrances. The head office of the company is in Ibach, Schwyz, in the heart of Switzerland. This is where the founder of the company, Karl Elsener, first set up his cutler's business in 1884, and a few years later designed the legendary "Original Swiss Army Knife."
SOURCE Victorinox Swiss Army