NEW YORK, July 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- AllianceBernstein L.P. ("AB"), a leading global investment management firm, today released its inaugural Corporate Responsibility report showcasing AB's longstanding commitment to responsible corporate behavior.
The report outlines the firm's efforts to build a diverse and inclusive workforce, engage local communities, reduce its environmental footprint, ensure the sustainability of its operations and enhance the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues in its investment processes.
"This report marks an important next step in our commitment to meet the highest standards of corporate responsibility to our employees, our clients, the environment and the communities in which we live," said Peter Kraus, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer at AB. "Ultimately, corporate responsibility resides in every individual of a company and at AB we're vigilant about building a rich and effective culture of corporate responsibility," Kraus continued.
Highlights from AB's 2014 Corporate Responsibility report include:
- AB and AB's employees collectively donated more than $7 million and thousands of hours to more than 1,800 charities around the world.
- The firm recycled nearly 350 tons of paper between January 2014 and March 2015 – equivalent to 5,800 trees.
- AB's 16 Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) hosted 46 events with a combined participation of more than 800 employees.
- Approximately half of AB's 2014 summer interns were female, many of them from multi-cultural backgrounds.
- AB enhanced the integration of ESG issues into its investment process through educational sessions such as "Investing in Conservation."
- AB appointed an ESG analyst and heightened its level of engagement with even more companies on ESG issues.
- On Twelve, AB's NYC corporate dining facility, earned 4 out of 4 stars from the Green Restaurant Association, one of only three in the U.S. to receive this top ranking.
To view the full report, visit https://abglobal.com/corporate/our-firm/corporate-responsibility.htm
AB is a leading global investment management firm that offers high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional investors, individuals and private wealth clients in major world markets.
As of June 30, 2015, AllianceBernstein Holding L.P. owned approximately 36.9% of the issued and outstanding AB Units and AXA, one of the largest global financial services organizations, owned an approximate 62.7% economic interest in AB.
Additional information about AB may be found on our website, www.abglobal.com.