PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With the Presidential Inauguration just around the corner ABC Travel Guides for Kids has released their Top 7 US Family Destinations for 2013 and Washington DC is at the top of the list. The last two picks are a bit of surprise as family travel expert and publisher, Matthew G. Rosenberger has named Niagara County, New York and Hershey, PA as two top picks for 2013.
ABC's Top Destinations for US Family Travel in 2013:
- Washington DC – With 19 Smithsonian Museums and Galleries and the National Zoo families should start a tradition and plan a trip to DC every year. Look for special annual events in the Embassy Row and Georgetown sections of the city and reserve your Nationals tickets early as once again they look like the team to beat in the National League East. The historic Renaissance Mayflower is the perfect launching pad for an ABC Washington DC adventure.
- San Diego, CA – It's always sunny in San Diego and there are 70 miles of beaches, a world famous Zoo and Balboa Park the "Smithsonian of the West" with 15 diverse and family friendly museums. Visit Old Town for great eats and hand-made tortillas and La Jolla, Del Mar and Coronado for spectacular views and family fun. For amusement park fun, visits to LegoLand and Sea World are a must. The Manchester Grand Hyatt is a great place for families.
- Boston, MA – Meet the Mallards and ride on a Swan Boat in the Public Garden then spend your afternoon at the Museum of Science or New England Aquarium. On days two, three and four you'll want to visit the Boston Children's Museum, Harvard Museum of Natural History, walk on the Freedom Trail and visit Fenway Park for a game (or tour). The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum and BMA are fantastic art museums. The Omni Parker House is a great place to stay.
- New Orleans, LA – Heaven on Earth for foodie kids and their families, NOLA offers great food, culture and four super kid-friendly Audubon Nature Institute attractions: the Zoo, Aquarium, Butterfly Garden and Insectarium. Older kids will appreciate the history and sounds of Preservation Hall, younger kids will love the Louisiana Children's Museum: all kids we love a visit to Blaine Kern's Mardi Gras World. Make the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel your home away from home.
- Miami, FL – Back on our list for the second time in three years, this City has so much culture and energy it remains one of our country's greatest cities. Foodie kids will love a Miami Culinary Tour with Grace Della. Plan to spend a day or two and visit the family friendly attractions of the Historic Redland Trail or the Art Deco district of South Beach, then head back downtown to Little Havana and Domino Park to learn about Cuban food and culture. The Palms Hotel and Spa is an ocean front property in the heart of Miami Beach and in walking distance to Lincoln Road, Espanola Way, and more!
- Niagara County, New York – There's so much more to do than just Niagara Falls. Visit small towns like Lewiston, Lockport and North Tonawanda (home of the Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum) and create unique and memorable experiences for your family. Visit Old Fort Niagara and the Niagara Power Project Power Vista Visitor Center to understand the power and importance of the region. Pick your own fruit at Becker Farms but be sure to save some to top your frozen custard from Hibbards. The Barton Hill Hotel and Spa is a great lodging choice when visiting the region.
- Hershey, PA – The "Sweetest Place on Earth", Hershey's Chocolate World features a free chocolate "factory" tour ride (and sample!), Hershey's Really Big 3D movie and much more. The amusement park, gardens and zoo are all top notch just like the Hershey Bears, the reigning champions of the American Hockey League! Stay at either the Hershey Hotel or Hershey Lodge.
ABC Travel Guides for Kids, is the premier producer and publisher of travel guides specifically designed for kids. There books are all-in-one alphabet, activity and souvenir guides. For more information contact Matthew Rosenberger 215-242-4011 or [email protected].
SOURCE ABC Travel Guides for Kids