PHOENIX, April 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- What teaching strategies can be used to help both low- and high-achieving students excel? What part does leadership and school culture play in the success of charter schools? Educational leaders from five states will be attending and actively participating in this workshop, presented by Accord Education. The event will begin with a Keynote Dinner on Friday evening, featuring the following Keynote speakers:
- Lisa Graham Keegan, Executive Director of A for Arizona, Former Arizona Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Colin Seale, Founder and CEO of thinkLaw, Trustee of the Charter School Association of Nevada
- Dr. Rob Robertson, Vice President of Professional Learning and Development at Arizona Science Center
The event will continue on Saturday with a full day of workshop sessions led by experts in their fields who will provide practical, current solutions and strategies that can be immediately utilized as school teams begin planning for the upcoming academic year. Saturday sessions are arranged in three tracks to meet the needs of various roles:
- the Academics track will feature Susan Winebrenner of Educational Consulting Service, Inc.,
- the School Culture and Student Behavior track will feature Justin O'Connell, M.Ed of the Center for Student Achievement, and
- the Principal/Site Leadership track will feature Sid Bailey of the Center for Student Achievement.
Additional Keynote speakers will include:
- Dr. Kathleen Bethel, CEO of Southern Arizona Research, Science, and Engineering Foundation
- Eileen Sigmund, President & CEO of the Arizona Charter Schools Association
The Keynote dinner will be Friday, April 15 from 5:00pm – 9:00pm at 1130 The Restaurant, 455 North 3rd Street #1130, Phoenix, AZ, 85004. Workshop sessions will be on Saturday, April 16 from 9:00am – 4:00pm at the Radisson Phoenix Airport, 427 North 44th Street, Phoenix, AZ, 85008. While registration is closed, interested members of the media are encouraged to contact Accord Education for further information.
About Accord Education – Accord Education is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2007 to support and advance quality public charter schools. Their dedicated and expert team of educators provides a comprehensive suite of services to public charter schools, to build academic and operational excellence. To learn more, visit the official website at https://www.accordeducation.org
SOURCE Accord Education