NEW YORK, Aug. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Accordant Media "Programmatic Media Market Pulse: Q2 2016" report released today shows that programmatic media volume maintained strong growth rates both globally and in North America. At the same time, the report's Spotlight section highlights online media attribution as it relates to offline sales, revealing a 35% lift in incremental sales. Highlights of the report include:
- Q2 2016 RTB media auction volume increased 151% year-over-year. North American exchange-traded inventory rose 103% year-over-year and 27% quarter-over-quarter.
- Viewability rates improved 31% year-over-year, and non-human traffic (NHT) decreased by 59%.
- The 320x50 mobile leaderboard ad unit accounted for 13% of all ads transacted programmatically last quarter, including desktop-sized units.
- Average CPMs increased 10% in North America year-over-year, indicating the value of targeting higher-quality inventory.
- In our Q2 2016 Spotlight research, we examine how digital ads impact offline sales, revealing 35% incremental offline sales among consumers who are exposed to online ads.
"Q2 maintained the impressive programmatic momentum from the previous quarter," said Arthur Muldoon, Accordant Media CEO & co-founder. "It was also very encouraging to see that we continue to make noteworthy progress in the battle against non-human traffic and viewability threats."
"Better online media attribution for offline sales has been one of the key objectives in our industry," said Matthew Greitzer, Accordant Media COO & co-founder. "Our Spotlight feature highlights the major benefit that digital media has in generating increased sales."
About Accordant Media
Accordant Media makes advertising investments more successful for marketers by unlocking the value of audience data. Through a unique combination of sophisticated data management and activation technologies, expert service and industry-leading transparency, we give marketers more insights and accountability to drive (cost) effective results at scale.
Our comprehensive Accordant ATS™ solution has helped us attract leading marketing teams as our clients. Accordant, founded in 2010, was established by digital industry leaders from Avenue A | Razorfish, Aegis Media, Akamai and DoubleClick.
Accordant Media has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Chicago and London. www.accordantmedia.com
SOURCE Accordant Media