AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Caravan Health two-day Accountable Care Symposium, to be held January 11 and 12, 2017 at The Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs in Phoenix, Arizona, will provide hands-on training for ACO's, CPC+ participants and forward thinking primary care practices that want to learn simple techniques that improve care, lower cost and help practices earn significant bonuses under MACRA.
The Caravan Health Accountable Care Symposium will teach tried and true methods for implementing Comprehensive Primary Care (CPC+) Programs, Accountable Care Organizations (ACO's) and new, billable primary care services. In addition to focusing on a variety of key topics in population health, the Symposium will teach practical processes to address behavioral health issues including the following:
- How to implement the new Psychiatric Collaborative Care model to integrate behavioral health into primary care practices using nursing staff and remote coaching from Psychiatrists.
- How to bill for new behavioral health codes
- Evidence-based tools for psychosocial assessments.
- How your nurse can use SBIRT for smoking cessation, obesity, and substance abuse.
- Provide analysis of your referral network based on public use files and claims data to identify the best places to send patients for specialty care.
In addition, the Symposium will provide a workshop promoting better collaboration between primary care, specialty care, and facility care, including the following:
- How to use collaborative care agreements and regular meetings with specialists to review patient-specific panels.
- How to collaborate with high-volume Hospitals and Emergency Departments to get notified of patient visits and discharges
- How to track and compare patient discharges to patients who are contacted for follow-up for continuous improvements.
"Integrating behavioral and mental health services into primary care practices will provide tremendous benefits to the patients we serve, reducing depression, substance abuse and other issues that compromise our patient's quality of life." stated Lynn Barr, CEO of Caravan Health. "CMS has introduced these new programs in the 2017 Physician Fee Schedule, rewarding providers for comprehensive, coordinated care."
The first day of the symposium will be dedicated to policy: explaining the interaction between MACRA and advanced payment models and showcasing real world experiences from pioneers of accountable care and practice transformation. The second day will feature hands-on workshops that will provide instruction on how to simply and affordably implement chronic care management and behavioral health interventions, in addition to wellness, risk adjustment and stratification programs. A special workshop will be dedicated to MACRA's new Advancing Care Information category, providing practical tips on how to implement the workflows that will achieve the highest scores.
Participants that are currently enrolled in the Caravan Health ACO or CPC+ programs or are participating in any Practice Transformation Network may attend the Symposium at no cost if they register by December 15, 2016. A complete agenda and registration are available through the Caravan Health website www.CaravanHealth.com.
About Caravan Health:
Caravan Health helps providers implement population health programs with affordable, end-to-end solutions that achieve outstanding results.
916 542 4583
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/accountable-care-symposium-to-focus-on-collaborative-care-agreements-and-behavioral-health-integration-300375199.html
SOURCE Caravan Health