SUNNYVALE, Calif., Sept. 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ: ARAY) announced today that data and first-hand experience with its advanced CyberKnife® and Radixact™ Systems, and unique software solutions, will be shared by leading radiation oncology practitioners at the 2017 ASTRO (American Society for Radiation Oncology) Annual Meeting in San Diego, California from September 24 to 27, 2017.
"We are pleased to have the opportunity to share information about our products which will benefit clinicians' practice today and lead to innovations that we anticipate will enhance the way cancer is treated in the future. We believe that compelling new data, expert insights and product demonstrations underscore our focus on putting patients first and at the same time, will reinforce clinicians' confidence in the value of our technologies over the long-term," said Lionel Hadjadjeba, MD, Senior Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer at Accuray.
Meeting highlights: innovations in treatment planning and delivery
Meeting attendees are invited to visit Accuray booth #1517 throughout the meeting to see software demonstrations, hear from industry experts and speak with company representatives.
- The CyberKnife System upgrade with the Accuray Precision™ Treatment Planning System (TPS): the fully integrated Accuray TPS allows clinicians to reduce treatment times, while advanced TPS features enhance workflow efficiencies.
- The Radixact System: the next generation TomoTherapy® platform represents a major step forward in treatment speed, efficiency and ease of use, enabling customers to deliver precise radiation treatments to a high volume of patients.
- The CyberKnife System High-Definition ImagingRing (HDI)*: a cutting-edge cone beam CT (CBCT) imaging system designed to enable both 3D volumetric imaging and adaptive radiotherapy workflows. When paired with the System's highly accurate couch imaging and patient registration, along with true robotic alignment, it is projected to facilitate unmatched precision and versatility in stereotactic radiosurgery and stereotactic body radiation therapy. *Work in progress and not available for sale in any market.
Multiple opportunities to hear from radiation oncology experts
ASTRO attendees can attend educational symposia and Accuray Exchange in Radiation Oncology (AERO™) Academy sessions to learn about advances in clinical practice that are transforming patient experience and outcomes.
Click here for more information or to register for the symposia.
CyberKnife System Symposium: Sunday, September 24th from 12:15p.m. PT - 1:15p.m. PT
- Clinical Experience with Breast Applications
Jonathan Haas, MD, Winthrop University Hospital, United States
- Prostate SBRT – Heterogeneous Dose Distribution: Rationale, Methods, Outcomes and Future Direction: 2017 Update
Donald B. Fuller, MD, Genesis Healthcare Partners, United States
- Head and Neck Skull Base Stereotactic Radiotherapy Plan Comparison Study: Gamma Knife, CyberKnife®, Linac Photons, or Protons?
Jack Phan, MD, PhD, MD Anderson Cancer Center, United States
Radixact™ System Symposium: Monday, September 25th from 12:30p.m. PT - 1:30 p.m. PT
- TomoTherapy® versus RapidArc: Comparison of Clinical Outcomes in Head & Neck Cancers
Jean-Emmanuel Bibault, MD, MSc, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, France
- Adaptive Replanning and Delivery Verification with PreciseART™ on Radixact™
X. Allen Li, PhD, DABMP, FAAPM, Medical College of Wisconsin, United States
- UW Radixact™ Experience
John Bayouth, PhD, University of Wisconsin – Madison School of Medicine and Public Health, United States
AERO™ Academy Sessions: September 24th – September 26th
Presentations will be hosted on a daily basis at Accuray booth #1517. Attendees will have the opportunity to engage in interactive discussions on the real-world use of Accuray technologies with clinical experts. Topics include CyberKnife prostate SBRT, using the TomoTherapy System for whole breast irradiation and the feasibility of real-time motion management with the Radixact System.
Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ: ARAY) is a radiation oncology company that develops, manufactures and sells precise, innovative tumor treatment solutions that set the standard of care with the aim of helping patients live longer, better lives. The company's leading-edge technologies deliver the full range of radiation therapy and radiosurgery treatments. For more information, please visit www.accuray.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements made in this press release that are not statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements and are subject to the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements in this press release relate, but are not limited, to clinical applications, clinical results, patient outcomes, clinician confidence, future developments of our technologies and Accuray's leadership position in radiation oncology innovation and technologies. Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertain-ties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations, including but not limited to the risks detailed from time to time under the heading "Risk Factors" in the company's report on Form 10-K, filed on August 25, 2017, and the company's other filings with the SEC.
Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date the statements are made and are based on information available to the company at the time those statements are made and/or management's good faith belief as of that time with respect to future events. The company assumes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect actual performance or results, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking information, except to the extent required by applicable securities laws. Accordingly, investors should not put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.
Public Relations Director, Accuray
+1 (408) 789-4426
+1 (781) 684-0770
SOURCE Accuray Incorporated