SUNNYVALE, Calif., April 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Accuray Incorporated (Nasdaq: ARAY) announced today it will be showcasing the benefits of its radiotherapy systems and software solutions at the 37th annual European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO) meeting in Barcelona, Spain. The meeting, to be held April 20-24, 2018, will attract more than 3,000 radiation oncology professionals who will gather to gain information and insights on the latest developments in radiation therapy. Accuray will be in attendance at booth #1700, sharing information on new treatment approaches and providing opportunities for conversations about how the company's innovative CyberKnife® and Radixact® Systems, and advanced software solutions, can help improve the radiation therapy treatment experience for clinicians and their patients.
"This year, Accuray has chosen a theme which is anchored in our company culture and conveys our new corporate positioning: 'Innovating Patient-First Cancer Treatment.' This is not just a tagline. It is who we are, what we do and what makes us different. As the fight against cancer grows more complex, we will continually introduce new thinking and fresh tools to drive patient outcomes to entirely new levels," said Lionel Hadjadjeba, M.D., Senior Vice President, and Chief Commercial Officer at Accuray.
Special Events: Accuray Booth #1700
Accuray is building on its history of innovation with a new approach for demonstrating product features and benefits, and a new award recognizing customer advances achieved with its products.
April 21, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.: Unveiling of hologram technology, "viRTual - Where Art Meets Science"
April 21, 2018 at 2:10 p.m.: Announcement of first annual ESTRO Accuray Innovation Awards
Accuray ESTRO37 Highlights: Advances in Software Solutions
- VOLO™ Technology for the CyberKnife System: a state-of-the art optimizer that simplifies the process of creating treatment plans, improves plan quality and enables more efficient exploration of the tradeoffs between treatment time and plan quality. Preliminary data indicates that the VOLO technology will provide a significant reduction in optimization time, as well as a reduction in overall treatment time. Technology under development for the CyberKnife System – not available for sale.
- CTrue™ IR (Iterative Reconstruction) for the Radixact System: this new image guidance software improves soft-tissue contrast and reduces noise, enhancing image quality, while maintaining the same low imaging dose and fast reconstruction time as earlier versions of the software. Patient workflows are also more efficient, facilitating the delivery of precise treatments more quickly, for more patients.
Radiation Oncology Experts Share First-Hand Experience with Accuray Technologies
ESTRO attendees are invited to take part in multiple educational opportunities. Over the course of the meeting, a symposium and numerous Accuray Exchange in Radiation Oncology (AERO™) sessions will provide information on a range of subjects designed to advance clinical practice and enhance patient outcomes.
- Accuray Symposium: Saturday, April 21 from 13:15 pm to 14:15 pm in Room 116
- Prof. Veronica Dell'Acqua, European Institute of Oncology (IEO), Milan (Italy) will discuss how to improve the quality of breast cancer treatments with the TomoTherapy® System
- Dr. Maaike Milder, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam (Netherlands) will share her experience using the CyberKnife® platform to minimize margins and maximize precision and accuracy
- AERO Sessions: April 21st – April 23rd
Interactive sessions will be held daily throughout the meeting at the Accuray booth. Attendees will have the opportunity to engage in discussions with industry experts on a variety of topics including: the feasibility of real-time motion management on the Radixact® System, tips and tricks to treat localized prostate cancer with the CyberKnife System, tips and tricks for TomoDirect™ breast treatment planning, re-treatment with PreciseRTX™ Re-treatment option, and adaptive radiation therapy using PreciseART™ Adaptive Radiation Therapy software.
Accuray Incorporated (Nasdaq: ARAY) is a radiation oncology company that develops, manufactures and sells precise, innovative treatment solutions that set the standard of care with the aim of helping patients live longer, better lives. The company's leading-edge technologies deliver the full range of radiation therapy and radiosurgery treatments. For more information, please visit www.accuray.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements made in this press release that are not statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements and are subject to the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements in this press release relate, but are not limited, to clinical applications, clinical results, patient experiences and outcomes, the availability and effectiveness of new product enhancements and releases, and Accuray's leadership position in radiation oncology innovation and technologies. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. If any of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or if any of the company's assumptions prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to achieve widespread market acceptance of its products, including new product offerings, the company's ability to develop new products or enhance existing products to meet customers' needs, delays in the development or release of new offerings and such other risks identified under the heading "Risk Factors" in the company's annual report on Form 10-K, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") on August 25, 2017, the company's quarterly report on Form 10-Q, filed with the SEC on February 5, 2018 and as updated periodically with the company's other filings with the SEC.
Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date the statements are made and are based on information available to Accuray at the time those statements are made and/or management's good faith belief as of that time with respect to future events. The company assumes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect actual performance or results, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking information, except to the extent required by applicable securities laws. Accordingly, investors should not put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.
+1 (408) 789-4426
+1 (781) 684-6662
SOURCE Accuray Incorporated