OAK BROOK, Ill., Sept. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Ace Hardware, the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world, revealed fall's must-have design and paint trends, courtesy of Ace's Design Experts Nathan Fischer (Orange County, Calif.), Katie Reynolds (Atlanta, Ga.) and Julie Richard (Boston, Mass.). This season's trends combine the crisp, soothing essence of autumn foliage with soft pastels to help consumers bring outdoor-inspired colors into their homes.
From cool blues and smoky greens inspired by scenic mountaintop views to warm neutrals reminiscent of transitioning leaves, this season's trends create classic and elegant palettes that provide a sophisticated, timeless upgrade to any space. "Throughout the autumn, it's easy to get swept away by color," said Richard. "Nature's beauty offers the perfect motivation to experiment with color in the home. Don't be afraid to look for inspiration right outside your front door!"
Julie, Nathan and Katie have selected the following Clark+Kensington shades as their top color picks for fall:
- Try painting interior window frames in a cool-toned black like Black Truffle N-C24 to create the steel-frame "modern-farmhouse" look that is so popular this season.
- Make the home feel warmer with colors from the exclusive OPI Color Palette by Clark+Kensington. Try a creamy beige such as My Vampire is Buff NLE82 or a warm, chocolate brown like Over the Taupe NLB85 in a variety of accessories, such as rugs or lampshades.
- Using darker neutrals like deep brown Ballet Barre N-W16 or cool charcoal Trench Coat N-C4 sparingly on small accent pieces, such as side tables or a headboard, will add sophisticated dimension throughout a space.
- Neutrals don't have to be boring! Try Luxury Beige N-W1, a rich beige with lavender undertones, to add a whimsical twist to a room.
- Forest greens create a masculine, sophisticated look that work best in intimate spaces like a bedroom or library. Darker, teal hues such as Pine Grove 31A-5 work well as accent colors, while more muted greens like Garland Green 28A-5 or Fiddlehead Fern 28A-4 are ideal for walls and larger areas.
- White walls are anything but simple. Try soft, off-whites such as Natural White CW-W1 or Bone White CW-W2 in a space to achieve a polished, timeless and clean look.
- One of the easiest updates to the exterior of the home is changing the color of the front door! Pull inspiration from nature with a bold green such as Spruce Peak 27A-5, and add colorful exterior accents like planters or Adirondack chairs in a softer, lighter green shade such as Take a Bow 27B-2 or a light blue such as Baby's Whisper 37A-1 for a more subtle pop of color.
- When painted in a bold red like Autumn Apples O4B-7, side tables, kitchen stools, and even picture frames provide the perfect complement to a neutral space.
With no shortage of color inspiration, autumn is the perfect season to experiment in the home. Ace's Design Experts have outlined their top tips for bringing the fall season indoors through décor:
- A luxurious look can be achieved in any space by adding plenty of texture and layers. A soft, thick rug makes a great centerpiece for a simple, yet chic room.
- Use objects found in nature, such as branches, pinecones and logs to fill vases and stack on shelves.
- Update wood finishes in the home that may feel faded by liming, washing and weathering the finish.
- Vary the size of decorative objects in a room or on a front porch. This will create a dimensional look without incorporating too many accessories.
- Pair clean, neutral shades with layered gold, bronze and silver metallics to create a luxe designer look.
- Whites reflect light and make a room with a little natural light feel more open and airy. Try painting a room with a few windows in a light, neutral shade to achieve this bright idea.
Clark+Kensington®, a premium line of paint+primer in one, is available exclusively at the Paint Studio at Ace. The paint line features designer-selected hues that cover the entire color spectrum to provide homeowners with a selection of beautiful, livable colors.
Designed to help homeowners find the perfect paint color, The Paint Studio at Ace features eye-catching color racks, unique pullout drawers and easy to use color cards to simplify the color selection process. Paired with the helpful service and knowledgeable advice customers can expect from Ace associates, The Paint Studio at Ace provides a world-class paint experience right in consumers' neighborhood hardware stores.
For more information on Clark+Kensington or Ace's Design Experts, please stop by your neighborhood Ace or visit www.thepaintstudio.com.
About Ace Hardware
For more than 90 years, Ace Hardware has been known as the place with the helpful hardware folks in thousands of neighborhoods across America, providing customers with a more personal kind of helpful. In 2016, Ace ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Improvement Retail Stores, Ten Years in a Row," according to J.D. Power. With more than 4,900 hardware stores locally owned and operated across the globe, Ace is the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries currently operate 17 distribution centers in the U.S. and also have distribution capabilities in Ningbo, China; Colon, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Its retailers' stores are located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and approximately 60 countries. For more information on Ace, visit www.acehardware.com.
SOURCE Ace Hardware