VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- ACL is proud to announce that President and CEO Laurie Schultz took home the Gold Stevie® Award for Female Executive of the Year in the category of Business Products – 11 to 2,500 employees. This was her second win in the prestigious Stevie® Awards for Women in Business since joining ACL, and recognizes her accomplishments over the past year in mobilizing the company's talent, disrupting its category, and transforming its business model.
More than 1,300 nominations from over 30 countries were considered in this year's 12th Annual Stevie® Awards for Women in Business, honoring female entrepreneurs, executives, employees and the organizations they run. The Stevie® Awards were conceived in 2002 as a way to restore public confidence and investor trust after the Enron scandal in 2001, by recognizing and generating global public awareness of excellence and ethical leadership in the workplace.
Judges' comments praised Ms. Schultz's holistic approach to business and life, motivating ACL's business success and its recognition as one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers, as well as well-deserved wins of BCTIA's Team of the Year Award and three GRC 20/20 Innovation Awards earlier in 2015.
Schultz, responsible for driving ACL's strategic growth plans over the last four years, was selected as the gold winner due to achievements including:
- Overseeing improvements to ACL GRC and another year of triple digit growth
- Directing conversion of ACL to a subscription-based, Software as a Service (SaaS) model
- Driving the hiring of nearly 70 new full-time employees, including CFO Brent Flichel
- Navigating the acquisition of design firm Artletic LLC
- Leading the opening of a new regional headquarters in Singapore
"Laurie's leadership during this transformational time at ACL and in the industry is rightly commended by this honor," comments Inder Gulati, VP of Internal Audit, LinkedIn and member of ACL's Board of Advisors. "She has inspired great innovation at ACL over the last four years, and we foresee continued growth and development under her guidance in the years to come."
Details about the Stevie Awards for Women in Business and the list of Stevie Award winners are available at www.StevieAwards.com/Women.
To learn more about ACL's integrated suite of solutions and professional services, visit www.acl.com.
- For the latest news and views on audit, governance, risk management, compliance, and fraud, visit: www.acl.com/blog
- Follow ACL on Twitter: @ACLServices
- Join ACL on LinkedIn: www.acl.com/LinkedIn
- Like ACL on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ACLServices
ACL delivers software solutions that are transforming audit, compliance, and risk management to give organizations unprecedented control over their business. www.acl.com
© 2015 ACL Services Ltd. ACL and the ACL logo are registered trademarks of ACL Services Ltd. All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.