FAIRFAX, Va., Nov. 2, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council's (ACT-IAC) Institute for Innovation is now accepting nominations for its annual Igniting Innovation Conference and Awards event to be held in April 2018 in Washington, D.C. Anyone can nominate an innovation and nominations will be accepted until December 31, 2017. To nominate an innovation, visit https://www.actiac.org/igniting-innovation-nomination-form.
An innovation must have been conceived, developed, deployed or upgraded in the last two years to be eligible for nomination. Nominations will be reviewed by a panel of government and industry executives who will select the top finalists to exhibit at the event. Finalists will be requested to provide short videos describing their innovations.
"This is the fifth annual event to recognize the best innovations to improve services to citizens and government operations. It will be bigger and better than ever," said Judy Douglas, chair of ACT-IAC's Institute for Innovation. "We are expanding the program to add interaction with experienced innovators and collaborative problem solving sessions. The program will also include the highly anticipated showcase and awards to recognize and promote the best innovations in government."
Igniting Innovation is the only event of its kind that combines audience voting via social media and a panel of judges to determine the top award winners. "Igniting Innovation showcases exciting innovations from all levels of government, industry, and academia. The event provides well deserved recognition and promotes sharing innovations across the country," said Alexis Bonnell and James Wallin, this year's government and industry co-chairs.
Previous winners include:
- USCIS Verification Program used to determine eligibility for government benefits and work authorizations.
- Global Innovation Exchange online platform to convene and connect innovators, funders, and experts working on development innovations around the world.
- Immersive Multi-Dimensional Experience solution to engage and inform all age groups about World War II and the World War II Memorial.
- Developer's Integration Lab self-service tool and processes to test conformance and interoperability.
- Web-Based Prototype Application for School Meals collaboration between government, software experts, and the public to move school districts and software vendors toward new integrity-focused applications.
About ACT-IAC – Advancing Government Through Education, Leadership, and Collaboration
ACT-IAC is a non-profit educational organization established to create a more effective and innovative government. ACT-IAC provides a unique, objective, and trusted forum where government and industry executives work together to improve public services and agency operations through the use of technology. ACT-IAC contributes to better communications between government and industry, collaborative and innovative problem solving, and a more professional and qualified workforce.
ACT-IAC Institute for Innovation
The ACT-IAC Institute for Innovation was created in 2011 to advance government missions through innovative application and management of information technology.
SOURCE American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council