NEW YORK, April 17, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Ad Council, a non-profit organization and the largest producer of national public service campaigns in the U.S., announced an impressive slate of new members elected to their Board of Directors at the organization's board meeting on Wednesday afternoon. The board is led by Laura Desmond, Global CEO of Starcom MediaVest Group.
The new members of the Board of Directors are:
- Tom Adamski, CEO, Razorfish Global
- Michael Barrett, President & CEO, Millennial Media
- Kasha Cacy, President, US, UM
- Susan Canavari, Chief Brand Officer, JPMorgan Chase
- Wendy Clark, President, Sparkling Brands & Strategic Marketing, Coca-Cola North America
- Ezra Cooperstein, President & COO, Fullscreen
- Stefano Curti, President & General Manager, Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, Pfizer
- Seth Dallaire, VP, Global Ad Sales, Amazon
- Rajeev Goel, Co-founder & CEO, PubMatic
- Henry Gomez, EVP, CMO & CCO, HP
- Kathleen Hall, CVP, Global Advertising and Media, Microsoft
- Dana Hayes, GVP, Global Partner Development, Acxiom
- Dawn Hudson, CMO, NFL
- Serge Matta, President & CEO, comScore
- Michael Mendenhall, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Flextronics
- Lori Senecal, President & CEO, MDC Partner Network / Global CEO, CP + B
- Lisa Utzschneider, SVP, Americas Sales, Yahoo
- Scott Wells, CEO, Clear Channel Outdoor Americas
- David Williams, Chairman & CEO, Merkle
- Steven Wolfe Pereira, VP, Brand Strategy & Marketing Solutions, Oracle
The Ad Council produces 40 national public service campaigns annually on behalf of non-profit organizations and federal government agencies. The creative is developed pro bono by leading creative agencies and the ads run in time and space donated by the media. Last year Ad Council campaigns received more than $1.6 billion in donated media.
The board of directors is comprised of leading executives from numerous industries, among others, media companies, creative and digital agencies, technology and corporate advertisers. The board provides guidance on creative strategy, media placement and outreach, and helps secure funding for the organization's operations. The new directors will help further the Ad Council's goals of engaging millennials and developing more strategic partnerships on behalf of causes.
"We are so pleased to have new board members that bring with them instrumental knowledge and experience from the marketing, media, digital, social and mobile spaces," said Lisa Sherman, President and CEO of the Ad Council. "I am confident that these new members will help us navigate an ever-changing media landscape to elevate the Ad Council as a leader in social marketing and further our legacy of developing creative and impactful work."
The Ad Council
The Ad Council has a rich history of marshaling volunteer talent from the advertising and media industries to deliver critical messages to the American public. Having produced literally thousands of PSA campaigns addressing the most pressing social issues of the day, the Ad Council has affected, and continues to effect, tremendous positive change by raising awareness, inspiring action and saving lives. To learn more about the Ad Council and its campaigns, visit www.adcouncil.org, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or view our PSAs on YouTube.
SOURCE Ad Council