MILWAUKEE, Wis., April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bob Chaiken has been named chief executive officer (CEO) of Adelman Travel, and Steve Cline has been named president & chief operating officer (COO). Chaiken was previously president, and Cline was previously COO.
"Both Bob and Steve have been with Adelman Travel a long time," said Craig Adelman, chairman of Adelman Travel. "Together, they are responsible for some remarkable successes for our company, including a projected 64 percent increase in sales since the recession began in 2007."
Adelman said the company projected 2013 sales of $609 million, compared to $372 million in 2007. He pointed to other recent company successes, including:
- Adelman's $90 million acquisition of Great Southern in 2012
- Organic growth of $136 million overall since 2007
- Record new sales growth in 2012
- Record customer retention rate of 100% in 2012
- A 71% increase in employees (from 167 employees in 2007 to 286 in 2012)
- The addition of a new rewards travel fulfillment division, contributing $11 million in incremental revenue
- Diversification into several new, non-travel business offerings, including the addition of the VideoTravel™ managed video conferencing solution
- Making consulting services available to all business travel customers as a standard offering, free of charge
- Strengthening the company's information technology capability so that it can manage and support 100% of its technology offerings internally, and customize them per the needs of each account.
- Development of a proprietary, internet-based reporting tool with its own dashboard and drilldown capabilities
- Establishment of a central "global services" department that negotiates and manages customer supplier contracts so that they exceed goals established by the vendor
- Establishment of Adelman's Global Gateway, a reporting tool that consolidates multi-national travel data for customers
"We have seen some companies in our industry struggle in recent years," said Adelman. "In the meantime, Bob Chaiken and Steve Cline chose not to struggle, but to innovate. They have virtually reinvented Adelman Travel," said Adelman. "They've also put together, developed and retained a management team that includes some of the best talent in the travel industry – and they are quick to share credit for our company's success with their team.
"I have no doubt that Bob and Steve will continue to lead our company to unprecedented new opportunities and success in the coming months and years."
Bob Chaiken has held a number of positions with Adelman over the past 20 years. Before that, he worked in real estate development, finance and information technology. He is a past recipient of the Forty Under 40 award, given to young executives who are making a difference in their professions and their communities. He is a certified public accountant and a certified travel consultant. He received his BBA from the University of Wisconsin – Madison with a double major in accounting and information systems. He is a longtime supporter of the Hunger Task Force, and an independent director for DecisionPoint Systems, Inc., a leader in the deployment of enterprise class mobile computing systems. Bob and his family reside in Grafton, Wisconsin.
Steve Cline has been with Adelman Travel since 1995, and has also held several positions with Adelman before being named president & chief operating officer. He previously held management positions with American Express and BTI Americas. He became a certified travel consultant while attending Wharton College, and is a certified travel industry executive. He is a member of the Executive Travel Corporate Travel Agent and Planner Advisory Board, and supports several organizations including the American Heart Association. Steve and his family reside in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin.
About Adelman: Adelman Travel is dedicated to bringing people together to conduct business and specializes in corporate travel management, video travel and global consolidation of travel management. The company has regional travel solution centers and corporate on-sites in the U.S. and dedicated affiliate offices in Asia, Canada and Europe. Learn more at www.adelmantravel.com and connect with us on facebook.com/adelmantravel, twitter.com/#!/adelmantravel, linkedin.com/company/adelman-travel-group, and youtube.com/adelmantravel.)
SOURCE Adelman Travel