ORLANDO, Fla., Sept. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- ADT Commercial, an industry leader in cloud-based physical security, debuts its Hosted Video solution at ASIS 2011 in Orlando.
- This new service provides customers with a hosted video recording and management system centrally managed by ADT. Using an internet connection and IP cameras, end users are able to access video remotely from virtually anywhere, anytime. The solution provides the convenience of centralized video storage without the cost, equipment and maintenance of storing and managing video on-site.
- Additionally, the solution offers the ability to view multiple sites simultaneously and has little or no impact on the location's infrastructure and does not require IT support.
- Together with EMC, Iomega and Axis Communications, ADT Commercial is targeting its Hosted Video solution to enterprises and small businesses.
- EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping customers store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset – information in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way.
- Iomega Corporation, an EMC company, is a worldwide leader in innovative storage solutions which provides cost-effective network storage with its award-winning Iomega StorCenter NAS devices.
- Axis, also a global IT company, is the worldwide market leader in network video, driving the ongoing shift from analog to digital video surveillance.
- For some operators, Hosted Video can help with compliance, detecting liability issues, monitoring of business openings and closings and a host of other capabilities.
- The system is designed for easy expansion with additional cameras that can be quickly installed for viewing and recording over the Internet.
"I like logging onto my computer at night before going to bed to get the video of my store. I sleep better knowing everything is okay. ADT's Hosted Video solution is easy to use and helps me feel safer. I recommend it to other business owners like me."
- Angel Calderon, Owner of Alco Watch and Jewelry, New York City
"As the current economic environment continues creating labor reductions for some companies, there are new solutions coming to market like Hosted Video from ADT Commercial which can help improve operational efficiencies. Plus, it's trouble-free. The system maintenance is taken care of by us and we ensure that the recorded video is secure. And all this is accomplished without a big capital investment."
"The AXIS Video Hosting System is the link connecting the three largest providers in their respective markets – Axis for surveillance cameras, EMC for data storage, and ADT Commercial for integration – seamlessly bridging the gap between the IT and physical security worlds. This provides a tremendous opportunity for owners of small surveillance systems to throw away the DVR and finally enjoy the benefits of IP-based video. Users across North America now have the choice of installing new network cameras or digitizing existing analog cameras with encoders to create an affordable and always available surveillance system."
- Fredrik Nilsson, general manager, Axis Communications Inc.
"Incorporating Iomega's award-winning StorCenter network storage units with the integrated AVHS solution provides ADT customers with an advanced yet economical video surveillance solution. At the heart of this innovative solution is a more secure, highly available and cost-effective on-site storage solution that's ideal for cost conscious small businesses and distributed enterprises."
- Jonathan Huberman, President, Iomega Corporation, an EMC Company
- Photos and video of Angel Calderon, owner of Alco Watch and Jewelry, New York City who recently had ADT's Hosted Video solution installed in his business
- ADT YouTube Channel
- ADT Newsroom
ADT Social Networking
A unit of Tyco International, ADT Commercial is North America's leading systems integrator, providing security and business optimization services to 500,000 customers. Headquartered in Boca Raton, Fla., ADT Commercial has more than 10,000 employees and reported 2010 revenue of nearly $2 billion.
SOURCE ADT Commercial