CHICAGO, Nov. 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Technomic Inc.'s recently released 2015 BarTAB Report forecasts 2016 on-premise total adult beverage volumes to remain flat, yet anticipates dollars to be on the rise. The annual report reveals key on-premise channel performance metrics, operator insights and industry projections, specifically covering spirits, wine and beer sales.
"The on-premise channel is one of the most challenging yet opportunity-laden aspects of the adult beverage business," says Donna Hood Crecca, associate principal at Technomic Inc. "These days consumers are very engaged with adult beverages and are seeking variety and value while closely watching their spending. The BarTAB Report helps operators interpret the evolving dynamics within the on-premise channel to strengthen their ability to create effective sales and marketing strategies to capitalize on emerging trends."
The significant finding of the report is that the on-premise channel remains highly competitive among operators and between spirits, wine and beer marketers. Moderate growth is the general trend with operator growth likely achieved by taking share from competitors.
Additional themes and opportunities for adult beverage professionals and on-premise operators to leverage for business growth include:
- The prominent role of drink programs: The portion of consumers saying the adult beverages offered influenced their decision to visit a particular establishment has increased since 2013.
- Craft and imported beer benefiting from evolving flavor preferences: The two categories combined are expected to account for 45.6% of total on-premise beer volume in 2015, up 10 points from 2011.
- Cost is the top factor in determining drink choice: Younger consumers in particular are paying attention to drink cost, however, less than one-quarter of consumers say that price is more important than quality.
- Women are key customers: Women's drink selections are more likely to be influenced by samples and recommendations from bartenders and servers or suggestions from other in their party than are men's.
- Drink menus are shrinking: Adult beverage items on leading restaurant menus are declining (-2.2% YOY as of Q3-2015), following the general trend towards smaller, more focused food menus.
The category and brand data included in the BarTAB Report is developed using primary research during which information was obtained from adult beverage supplier companies and on-premise operator companies. Secondary research, including analysis of public records and other sources, also was employed.
The complete BarTAB Report is available for purchase by contacting Patrick Noone at [email protected] or 312-506-3852. To learn more about the BarTAB or related adult beverage research services, contact Donna Hood Crecca at [email protected] or 631-265-3839.
About Technomic Inc.
Only Technomic, A Winsight Company, delivers a 360-degree view of the food industry. We impact growth and profitability for our clients by providing consumer-grounded vision and channel-relevant strategic insights. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, or other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry. Visit us at www.technomic.com.
About Winsight, LLC
Winsight, LLC is a business-to-business media and information services company specializing in the convenience-retailing, restaurant and noncommercial foodservice industries. Winsight has an extensive media portfolio including four publications, CSP, Restaurant Business, FoodService Director and Convenience Store Products, a suite of digital products including websites, e-newsletters (Restaurant Business Daily and CSP Daily News) and webinars, plus video products, mobile and tablet apps, custom marketing solutions and the convenience-retailer intelligence tool, CSPedia. The Winsight Events group produces six exclusive, large-scale executive-level conferences—Restaurant Leadership Conference, FARE Conference, Outlook Leadership, Convenience Retailing University, FSTEC and MenuDirections—in addition to more than 12 major EduNetworking conferences and advisory meetings. Winsight recently acquired Technomic, Inc., a food industry provider of primary and secondary market information and advisory services. Winsight is a recognized leader in the markets it serves.
For more information on Winsight and its brands, go to WinsightMedia.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Email: [email protected]