Advancements in Downstream Processing Market to Enhance Drug Products' Yield, Boost Vaccine Development; Global Market Valuation to Surpass US$ 25.4 Bn by 2030: TMR Study
Market players aim at improving the production and purification processes for viral vectors and vaccines; rise in R&D in ligand technologies for COVID-19 vaccines propels growth of the downstream processing market
Demand for cost-effective platform-based purification solutions simplify downstream processing, single-use systems to gain popularity among biopharmaceutical companies
21 Sep, 2021, 08:30 ET
ALBANY, N.Y., Sept. 21, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Transparency Market Research: The downstream processing market has made continuous advancements in methods used for the production of monoclonal antibodies, antibody fragments, antibody drug conjugate (ADCs) components, and recombinant proteins. Advancements in downstream processing methods are being increasingly embraced for the purification of proteins, and play crucial role in accelerating drug production process. The global downstream processing market valuation is projected to cross US$ 25.4 Bn by 2030.
The adoption of single-use systems for downstream chromatography has helped in higher yields of vector production. The growing complexity of downstream processing has restrained biopharmaceutical companies in attaining the economy of scale and efficiencies comparable to upstream processes. In this regard, they seek to increasingly benefit from optimizing systems for foam fractionation and opening new avenues for gene therapies, finds a study on the downstream processing market.
In the current scenario of still-emerging COVID-19 infections, the current generation of downstream processing platforms have advanced understanding of viral biology and enabled researchers in the identification of virus-specific ligands for SARS-CoV-2 spike protein. The application of these technologies is boosting the development of COVID-19 vaccines. A number of downstream purification schemes are being evaluated by vaccine manufacturers for developing safer and more efficient viral vectors.
Strong expertise with attention to detail makes our market research reports stand apart, Request a Report Sample here - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=58695
Key Findings of Downstream Processing Market Study
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturers Increasingly Embracing Single-use Systems to Simplify Downstream Operations: There is an unmet need for optimized downstream processes that helps maximize yield from upstream harvest. Of note, single-use downstream processing methods are preferred in various applications such as monoclonal antibody production, vaccine production, immunoglobulin production, and insulin production. Single-use disposable chromatography columns are likely to gain adoption. They are increasingly preferred on the back of benefits of better reproducibility, scalability, and ease-of-use. Additionally, single-use downstream chromatography reduces cycle time and simplify the entire downstream processes in biopharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
- Ligand Technologies to Gain Traction for Purification of Vaccines: The demand for safer and more efficient viral vectors especially retroviruses has spurred R&D in the market. New ligand technologies are being adopted for the purification of RNA and COVID-19 vaccines, thus offering value-grab opportunities, notes a TMR study on the downstream processing market. This has promoted the development of more affinity-based purification systems for recombinant retroviruses.
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Downstream Processing Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=58695
- Advancements in Acoustophoresis Drive Gene Therapy Applications: New label-free cell sorting strategies are being explored by market players for innovating in ultrasonic cell separation. These will likely open new frontiers in regenerative medicine. A notable case in point is growing interest in acoustophoresis separation technologies, which will open steady revenue gains to players in the downstream processing market.
Downstream Processing Market: Key Drivers
- Growing investment in biopharmaceutical and biotechnology industries has spurred the commercialization of downstream processing methods, and is a key driver of the downstream processing market. Furthermore, the need of new biotherapeutics with smaller molecular weight notably for advancing monoclonal antibody-based therapies is expanding the horizon for players in the downstream processing market.
- Stringent safety demands put forth by regulatory agencies such as the EMEA and the FDA have propelled producers and manufacturers to focus on improving the purification of vaccines and drugs
TMR offers custom market research services that help clients to get information on their business scenario required where syndicated solutions are not enough, ask for custom research here - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=58695
Downstream Processing Market: Regional Growth Dynamics
- North America held major share of the global downstream processing market in 2019. Rise in R&D funding by biopharmaceutical industries for developing safer and effective cell-based therapies is one of the key accelerants for the growth of the regional market.
- Asia Pacific downstream processing market is projected to expand at remarkable CAGR during the forecast period (2020-2030). Large target population and growth in demand for next-gen downstream processing methods in biomolecules purification drive investments by biopharmaceutical manufacturers in the regional market. Some of the potentially lucrative markets are India, China, Australia, and New Zealand.
Purchase Premium Research Report on Downstream Processing Market - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=58695<ype=S
Downstream Processing Market: Competition Landscape
Some of the key players exercising significant in the downstream processing market are Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Eppendorf AG, Lonza Group, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Sartoris Stedim Biotech S.A., Merck KGaA, and Danaher Corporation.
Global Downstream Processing Market: Research Scope
Downstream Processing Market, by Technique
- Solid-Liquid Separation
Downstream Processing Market, by Product
- Chromatography Columns & Resins
- Membrane Absorbers
- Single-use product
Downstream Processing Market, by Application
- Monoclonal Antibody Production
- Vaccine Production
- Insulin Production
- Immunoglobulin Production
- Erythropoietin Production
Downstream Processing Market, by End User
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Contract Research Organizations
Downstream Processing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Modernization of healthcare in terms of both infrastructure and services have pushed the healthcare industry to new heights, Stay Updated with Latest Healthcare Industry Research Reports by Transparency Market Research:
Gene Therapy Market: Introduction of new production, availability of reimbursement together with high occurrences of cancer are estimated to propel growth of the global gene therapy market in the years to come. Gene therapy refers to an experimental technique, which utilizes genes for the prevention and treatment of various diseases.
Antibody Drug Conjugates Market: The antibody drug conjugates market is anticipated to gain promising growth across the assessment period of 2020-2030 owing to the heightening prevalence of cancer around the world. The need for targeted therapy to overcome cancer is necessary as many cancer cases generally result in fatalities.
Subcutaneous Immunoglobulin Market: According to the report, the global subcutaneous immunoglobulin market was valued at US$ 4.0 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 13.1% from 2019 to 2027, rise in prevalence of autoimmune disorders, Increase in global geriatric population, Growing usage in off-label indications are projected to drive the global subcutaneous immunoglobulin market during the forecast period
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: Twitter | LinkedIn
Browse PR - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/pressrelease/downstream-processing-market.htm
SOURCE Transparency Market Research
Share this article