BOSTON, April 26 /PRNewswire/ -- DataXu, provider of the leading real-time bidding platform for online display advertisers, today announced the addition of four new members to its advisory board. The new members are four of the advertising industry's most distinguished leaders - Bernhard Glock, Jon Bond, Greg Stuart and Michael Darviche. The expansion of DataXu's advisory board to include a breadth of notable industry leaders - representing agencies, brands, publishers and data companies - validates the significance of data-driven advertising and reflects its rapid adoption by all industry constituents. With the counsel of these new advisors, DataXu will expand relevant offerings across the digital media landscape.
- Bernhard Glock most recently served as Vice President, Global Media and Communication, at Procter & Gamble, responsible for managing the Company's entire global media budget - one of the world's largest. Glock joined P&G in 1985 and is credited with establishing many of the consumer packaged goods giant's best practices for marketing and media. For the past four years, he has served as President of the World Federation of Advertisers. Glock is currently President and CEO of the Bernhard Glock Media Leadership Company, a media consultancy.
- Jon Bond is the former co-chairman of leading independent agency Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal & Partners, which he co-founded in 1987. Bond's creative vision and business acumen helped to establish Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal's reputation for innovation with groundbreaking campaigns and an integrated agency model. Bond serves on the National Board of the American Association of Advertising Agencies, and recently served as Chairman of Worldwide Partners, an international network of independent advertising agencies. Bond also serves on the boards of the Ad Council and the NASD.
- Greg Stuart is widely recognized as a digital marketing entrepreneur and innovator. He was President & CEO of the Interactive Advertising Bureau from 2001-2006, and he has served in executive or board capacities at several digital media companies, including Flycast Networks, Rapt, Allyes, Zimbio and Young & Rubicam's Wunderman. He is the co-author of the highly acclaimed book "What Sticks."
- Michael Darviche has over 20 years career experience in all aspects of analytics-driven target marketing. His expertise is in innovations leveraging information systems, personalized marketing and audience management. He was a senior leader at a number of blue chip innovation companies including CitiGroup, Marsh Inc. and American Express. He also co-founded marketing technology ventures Bigfoot Interactive and Flash Capital Systems. Darviche is currently the CMO of Acxiom, an interactive marketing and data insight solution provider.
Bernhard Glock, Jon Bond, Greg Stuart, and Michael Darviche join existing DataXu advisory board members Tommi Jaakkola and Fernando Cela Diaz. Jaakkola is a professor at MIT's Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory and a renowned expert in applications of machine learning for information retrieval. Cela Diaz is an expert in machine learning and Vice President of Bank of America's consumer analytics division.
- Mike Baker, President & CEO, DataXu - "We are honored to have these four senior advertising executives join our advisory board. Their collective experience and demonstrated vision will be a tremendous asset as we continue to expand our offerings for data-driven digital media management."
- Bernhard Glock, CEO, Bernhard Glock Media Leadership Company - "DataXu's product philosophy exemplifies what I see as the future of advertising. It's drawing upon the power of data to make advertising more effective, finally delivering on the promise of digital media convergence, accountability, and new customer insight. What's particularly exciting to me is DataXu's commitment to ensuring that their offerings address the unique requirements of brand advertising efforts, as well as direct response."
DataXu, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, provides the leading real-time bidding platform for online display advertisers. This powerful technology improves digital campaign performance and delivers unique insights to advertisers. DataXu's executive team unites leading executives in digital media with MIT technologists. The private company is backed by Atlas Venture, Flybridge Capital Partners and Menlo Ventures. For more information, visit http://www.dataxu.com or follow us on Twitter at @dataxuinc.