"Cyberspace Operations: Prevent, Shape, Win"
FAIRFAX, Va., July 31, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- AFCEA International will bring the third of its TechNet Land Forces series to the Baltimore Convention Center August 14-16. The overall theme of this cyber conference and exposition focuses on the ground component of the Army and Marine Corps, including components of U.S. Cyber Command, Army Cyber Command, Marine Corps Forces Cyber Command, U.S. Fleet Cyber Command/U.S. 10th Fleet, 24th Air Force Cyber, Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Coast Guard, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Academia, and Industry Partners. The operational theme, "Cyberspace Operations - Prevent, Shape, Win" will highlight the operational security focus of DoD and Industry Networks, and Cyber Operations with Joint and Coalition partners, to prevent, shape, and win future cyber conflicts. Government, industry, and academia leaders will address a broad range of topics and focus on opportunities for Cyber Superiority.
Conference speakers and panel participants will voice their points of view and experiences, allowing attendees to benefit from their knowledge and candid discussion. Confirmed speakers include:
- GEN Keith Alexander, USA, Commander, U.S. Cyber Command and Director, National Security Agency/Chief, Central Security Service
- LTG Rhett Hernandez, USA, Commander, U.S. Army Cyber Command/2nd Army
- Mr. Dan Kaufman, Director, Information Innovation Office, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- The Honorable Barbara Mikulski, U.S. Senator, State of Maryland
- LtGen Richard Mills, USMC, Deputy Commandant for Combat Development and Integration, U.S. Marine Corps
- Mr. Steven Sprague, President & CEO, Wave Systems Corporation
In addition, five panel sessions will provide attendees with opportunities to question experts about the latest policy and technology issues:
- Can the Internet Provide Cyber Security Going Forward?Moderator: RADM David G. Simpson, USN, Vice Director, Defense Information Systems Agency
- Supply Chain – Do You Know What You Are Really Buying?Moderator: Ms. Jarrellann Filsinger, Information Assurance, National Archives and Records Administration
- What Does It Take to Prevent?
- How Do We Build and Leverage Cyber Capacity with Partner Nations?Moderator: MG John A. Davis, USA, Senior Military Advisor for Cyber to the Under Secretary of Defense (Policy)
- Land Cyber – Dominating and Winning DecisivelyModerator: Mr. William O. Waddell, Director, C2 and Cyberspace Operations Group, U.S. Army War College
Attendees may also see, touch and try out the latest defense and information technologies from more than 200 exhibitors. Fortune 500® companies, small businesses, and Maryland-based organizations will showcase hundreds of technologies and solutions, including: communication systems, electronic warfare equipment, information systems security, intelligence gathering systems, satellite communications, weapons systems and much more.
The exhibits are open to the public (on-site registration required); there is a registration fee to attend the speakers, panels and track sessions. For details on the event visit www.technetlandforces.org/east.
AFCEA International, established in 1946, is a non-profit membership association serving the military, government, industry, and academia as an ethical forum for advancing professional knowledge and relationships in the fields of communications, IT, intelligence, and global security. For more information, please visit www.afcea.org.
SOURCE AFCEA International