CAPE TOWN, South Africa, Sept. 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The 10th annual Growth, Innovation and Leadership (GIL) African Best Practices Awards hosted by Frost & Sullivan, in partnership with the Public Investment Corporation (PIC) and Arkadin, were held on 13 September 2018, at the Table Bay in Cape Town.
The event kicked off with Frost & Sullivan's Hendrik Malan, Partner and Operations Director for Africa, presenting the 2018-2019 Global Mega Trends at the CEO Think Tank, followed by a presentation on innovation and supporting start-ups by Sholto Dolamo, Head of Research for the Public Investment Corporation (PIC).
Awards keynote speaker Tonya Fowler, Frost & Sullivan Global Research Director, discussed the rigorous process based on completed consulting and research that research analysts go through when nominating companies for Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Awards.
Several companies were recognized with Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Awards for their contribution to the growth of Africa. Award categories included Energy & Environment, Transformational Health, Digital Transformation and Mobility.
The 2017 and 2018 Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Awards recipients are:
- 2017 Southern African Dry Sanitation – Company of the Year Award – Enviro Loo
- 2017 East African Renewable Energy Development and Distribution – Competitive Strategy Innovation and Leadership Award – Rift Valley Energy Tanzania
- 2017 South African Enterprise Software for Retail – Customer Value Leadership Award – redPanda Software
- 2018 Sub-Saharan African Smart Water Management Solutions – Competitive Strategy Innovation and Leadership Award – Utility Systems
- 2018 Nigerian Pharmaceutical Production and Distribution – Competitive Strategy Innovation and Leadership Award – Fidson Healthcare
- 2018 African Health Product and Technology Distributor – Visionary Innovation Leadership Award – Kiara Health
- 2018 Sub-Saharan African Communications Services – Enabling Technology Leadership Award – Afrique Telecom
- 2018 Middle Eastern & African Smart Cards – Customer Value Leadership Award – Gemalto
- 2018 Sub-Saharan African Tower Infrastructure – Enabling Technology Leadership Award – NuRAN Wireless
- 2018 South African LPWAN Enabling Technology Leadership Award – SqwidNet
- 2018 African IoT – Technology Innovation Award – Vodacom
- 2018 South African Taxi Hailing – New Product Innovation Award – Afta Robot
- 2018 South African On-demand Logistics – New Product Innovation Award – EmptyTrips
For media partnership opportunities or to attend next year's Growth, Innovation and Leadership: Africa, please send an e-mail to Donna Liedemann, Corporate Communications for Africa at email@example.com
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, collaborates with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants. For more than 50 years, Frost & Sullivan has been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector, and the investment community. Contact us: Start the discussion.
Corporate Communications – Africa
P: +27 21 680 3574
F: +27 21 680 3296
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan