MORTSEL, Belgium and GREENVILLE, South Carolina, November 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- A single platform approach with Agfa HealthCare Enterprise Imaging will be implemented by London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph's Health Care London and will include other regional hospitals in southwestern Ontario, creating one of Canada's largest integrated digital imaging systems.
- The solution will consolidate multiple picture archive and communication systems (PACS), providing secure access to patient medical images.
Agfa HealthCare recently signed an agreement with London Health Sciences Centre to implement its Enterprise Imaging technology, which will facilitate a common image-sharing platform. The suite of solutions will allow each participating facility to seamlessly connect with patient imaging and textual data across London and the region, consolidating multiple imaging IT systems.
"We are delighted these hospitals in the southwest region of Ontario have selected our Enterprise Imaging solutions. This will consolidate patient data and help facilitate clinical collaboration and continuity across the care continuum," says Frank Pecaitis, senior vice president, North America, Sales and Marketing, Agfa HealthCare.
The suite of Enterprise Imaging solutions includes the following applications:
- Enterprise Imaging for Radiology - a highly customizable workflow tool designed to help radiologists achieve optimal efficiency in reading radiological studies.
- Enterprise Imaging Exchange -- allows efficient and secure transfer of multiple types of patient studies.
- Web-based XERO® universal image viewer - provides secure access to DICOM and non-DICOM imaging data from different departments and multiple sources, in one view, to clinicians inside and outside of the hospital.
- Standardized Departmental Workflows, which allow all image-producing service lines to capture and associate imaging studies with an episode of care, to drive enterprise-wide efficiency.
"We are proud of the partnership work across the region that will help improve the care and experiences we collectively deliver to the patients we serve. We are hopeful that this imaging collaboration can be expanded further over the seven years of this agreement," said Glen Kearns, integrated vice president, Diagnostic Services and Chief Information Officer for London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph's Health Care London.
For an image, courtesy of Agfa HealthCare, click here .
About Agfa HealthCare
Agfa HealthCare, present in one hospital out of two, is a leading provider of eHealth & Digital Imaging solutions. Care organizations in over 100 countries rely on Agfa HealthCare to optimize their efficiency and improve patient care.
Marc De Fré
Global Marcom Director, Agfa HealthCare
SOURCE Agfa HealthCare