PALO ALTO, Calif., July 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Agora, Inc., a communications as a service (CaaS) company enabling enterprises to add premium voice and video communications for any application through a simple, powerful SDK, today announced the opening of the company's new headquarters in Palo Alto, California. Agora CEO and Founder Tony Zhao led the engineering team that developed the early voice communications features for WebEx.
"At this time, it is in the best interests of our organization to locate our headquarters in Silicon Valley where we can work very closely with our partners and dedicate more resources to tap into the fast-growing VoIP and real-time communications markets in the United States," said Tony Zhao, CEO and founder of Agora. "By having a Silicon Valley location, we look forward to engaging our U.S.-based partners and future partners in a more substantive way."
For app to app voice and video communications, Agora uses proprietary HD audio/video codecs and an advanced voice engine to preserve premium voice and video quality across various devices and network conditions, supporting as many as 2,000 users on a single voice call.
- Global Scale: Agora enables big group conferences (BGCs) from anywhere while maintaining voice quality and ensuring a great experience for every participant.
- QoE Assurance: Agora provides end-to-end quality of user experience (QoE) assurance with its innovative algorithm and 65 data centers located across the globe.
- Easy to Use: Agora integrates easily with applications; from documentation to integration, Agora's API is straightforward and built on simplicity.
- East to Start: Agora provides a simple and straightforward pricing structure where users pays as they go.
- Built on Experience: CEO and Founder Tony Zhao has more than 18 years of experience in the VoIP industry, having delivered more than 400 billion VoIP minutes in 2012 for YY (NASDAQ: YY), an interactive social platform that engage users in real-time online group activities through voice, video, and text on mobile and PC devices.
- Integrate everywhere: Agora SDK supports iOS, Android and Windows PC; Web SDK is coming soon.
Privately held and founded in 2014, Agora was founded by CEO Tony Zhao, former CTO of YY.com, a Nasdaq-listed company (NASDAQ: YY). Prior to YY, Mr. Zhao was a core member of the early WebEx team, where he led the engineering team that developed the voice communication features of WebEx. Agora is backed by venture capital firms GGV, Morningside, SIG, ShunWei, and IDG. Agora's management team has held executive management positions at major technology companies, including YY, Intel, and DTS.
About Agora, Inc.
Agora, Inc. is a communications as a service (CaaS) company providing enterprises with premium voice and video communications for any application through a simple, powerful SDK. Agora enables software applications to support as many as 2,000 users on a single call. Agora customers provide HD real time communication services to industries that greatly benefit from premium multimedia communications, including education, telemedicine, human resources, customer service, online dating, gaming, and social media applications. Agora headquarters is located in Palo Alto, CA; for more information visit http://www.agora.io.
SOURCE Agora, Inc.