NEW YORK, Dec. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Wibbitz, the leading AI-powered video creation platform, today released Building the Ultimate Toolbox for Visual Storytelling, a report based on responses, collected in November 2017, from 1,478 professionals across verticals such as telecommunications, entertainment, marketing, pharma, and education whose jobs involve the creation of visual content. The report looks at which types of visual content creation tools are most popular, in what ways those tools support business goals, and how visual content supports business success overall, in order to help storytellers understand how to equip themselves in the pursuit of a successful content strategy.
The study's overall findings revealed that visual content makes a noticeable impact on every major business goal, influencing website traffic (85 percent), brand awareness (84 percent), social media engagement (81 percent), and lead generation and sales (71 percent). Additionally, of survey respondents, 80 percent leverage automation tools for visual content creation, which directly correlates to their ability to create the five key formats of visual content (photos, video, infographics, illustrations, and animations) at a significantly more regular cadence than those who do not use automation. Looking ahead, as demand for visual content increases in 2018 and beyond, the study found that more than three quarters (77 percent) of respondents plan to expand their visual content creation efforts inclusive of their budgets, human capital, visual content creation tools, and types of visual content.
"It's undeniable that the need for visual content and tools to support its creation will continue to grow exponentially in the years ahead, yet there are so many ways to execute visual content creation that it's easy for companies to get lost. Regardless of industry, company size, or amount of visual content already being produced, companies will need to continue adapting their visual technology toolboxes in order to satisfy audiences on every new platform and device," said Zohar Dayan, Co-founder and CEO of Wibbitz. "Whether companies are hiring fresh talent, introducing innovative tech tools, trying out new content types, or just expanding their investment in visual content overall, the shift towards a multiplatform, visual-first business strategy is well on its way. We're excited for 2018 and beyond as we deliver solutions to make production easier and distribution more effective to improve our clients' bottom lines."
Key report results include:
- The majority (51 percent) of visual content creation teams include fewer than 10 people. 15 percent of respondents reported 11-15 team members, and 12 percent reported far larger teams at 41-50 people.
- 44 percent intend to invest first in additional visual content creation tools, with graphic design and video editing tools being the primary categories.
- Photos (92 percent) are the most popular form of visual content produced, followed by videos (89 percent), infographics (83 percent), illustrations (81 percent), and animations (68 percent).
- With the use of automation tools, companies are able to create the five key types of visual content more regularly, with nearly double the usage: photos (96 percent compared to 48 percent), videos (97 percent compared to 49 percent), infographics (89 percent compared to 46 percent), illustrations (86 percent compared to 50 percent), and animations (78 percent compared to 24 percent).
- Graphic design tools (76 percent) are the most prioritized visual content creation tools, followed by website design tools (69 percent), video editing tools (67 percent), and automation tools (55 percent).
- 42 percent of respondents are only regularly using 1-5 solutions for creating visual content.
- Of those who stated they are not producing enough visual content, 72 percent fell into the 1-5 solutions used category.
For more information or to download the full report please visit: http://info.wibbitz.com/visual-content-creation-tech-tools-report-download
Wibbitz is the leading AI-powered video creation company for storytellers. Partners including CBSi, Forbes, Reuters, Hearst, and The Street use its patented text-to-video technology to automatically produce custom branded, short-form videos at scale. Wibbitz supports video creation and distribution for over 400 publishers, helping to increase audience engagement and ad revenues across desktop, mobile, and social. Founded by Zohar Dayan and Yotam Cohen in 2011, Wibbitz has offices in NYC, Tel Aviv, and Paris. For more information visit www.wibbitz.com and follow @wibbitz.