PALO ALTO, Calif., July 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- aisle411, the premier mobile retail navigation service, today announced that its virtual mapping and navigation smartphone app is available to use in all of Walgreens (NYSE, NASDAQ: WAG) 7,907 drugstores nationwide, further delivering on its promise to provide the most convenient shopping experience for customers.
With aisle411's in-store mapping platform, customers can use their smartphones to view maps of any Walgreens store, allowing shoppers to locate products down to a particular section of each aisle. Walgreens is the first national retailer with all of its stores mapped in a mobile application.
"Retailers are constantly looking for solutions to enhance their customer's store visits and improve convenience," said Nathan Pettyjohn, CEO of aisle411. "aisle411 allows retailers to empower their shoppers by providing information such as product locations right in customers' hands, making the shopping experience more convenient and fun. aisle411's unmatched scalability made it the perfect solution to accommodate Walgreens nationwide deployment, providing a solution for nearly 8,000 stores."
A national survey commissioned by aisle411 discovered that nearly 84 percent of shoppers have difficulty finding products on store shelves and more than 20 percent of shoppers leave the store without their full purchase intent. aisle411 empowers anyone with a smartphone to find products and promotions quickly and easily in retail stores with a unique in-store search and comprehensive mobile retail shopping solution. The aisle411 app is available for free from the iPhone App Store at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aisle411/id394218369?mt=8 and the Google Play store at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aisle411.
"We are always looking for new ways to utilize technology to deliver a better shopping experience and help customers with their health and daily living needs," said Abhi Dhar, Walgreens chief technology officer. "With aisle411, Walgreens further delivers on its goal of providing the most convenient shopping experience by simplifying store visits and saving customers' valuable time."
- Walgreens is the nation's largest drugstore chain. Nearly two-thirds of Americans live within three miles of a Walgreens store. Fiscal 2011 sales were more than $72 billion.
- Walgreens is the first national retailer with all of its stores mapped in a mobile phone application.
- aisle411 has developed the first nationally scaled solution for in-store search and navigation enabling brands to connect with shoppers in-store with relevance, understanding a shopper's immediate purchase intent.
- aisle411 provides consumers with an easier shopping experience, retailers with the technology to deliver better customer service, and brand advertisers with detailed shopper analytics for enhanced delivery of customized content.
- Google Play/Android Market: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aisle411
- iPhone App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aisle411/id394218369?mt=8
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/aisle411
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/aisle411Inc
Founded in 2008, aisle411 was first to market with a mobile product search service using retail product location information to help consumers save time and money. aisle411 provides a comprehensive in-store search and navigation solution for consumers via mobile technologies with support for iOS and Android devices. With offices in St. Louis, Missouri and Palo Alto, California, this innovative market leader is positioned for rapid growth across retail locations in the U.S. and internationally. Additional information is available at: http://www.aisle411.com/
As the nation's largest drugstore chain with fiscal 2011 sales of $72 billion, Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) vision is to become America's first choice for health and daily living. Each day, Walgreens provides nearly 6 million customers the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice in communities across America. Walgreens scope of pharmacy services includes retail, specialty, infusion, medical facility and mail service, along with respiratory services. These services improve health outcomes and lower costs for payers including employers, managed care organizations, health systems, pharmacy benefit managers and the public sector. The company operates 7,907 drugstores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.