Alaffia Launches New Age Defying Collection to Rejuvenate, Heal and Protect Skin From Head to Toe
New collection features four skincare products designed to support the natural aging process & protect against environmental aggressors
10 Sep, 2018, 20:55 ET
OLYMPIA, Wash., Sept. 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Alaffia, the 15-year-old natural beauty social enterprise, introduces the Age Defying Collection of skincare products for face and body. Proudly cruelty-free and alcohol-free, the new collection is formulated to promote an even, resurfaced skin tone, diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as build a barrier on the skin to protect it from known harmful environmental aggressors.
The Age Defying Collection, available immediately at Alaffia.com and select retail partners across the country, is comprised of four effective products incorporating potent, naturally sourced ingredients:
- Age Defying Serum (1 oz, $32.50): Can be used under makeup in the morning or as a nighttime serum to revive, firm and deeply hydrate skin, while providing continued protection against unwanted environmental effects.
- Age Defying Mask (3.4 oz, $18): Easy on/easy off face mask helps purify and detoxify skin to reveal a smooth, born-again complexion while supporting elasticity, firmness and overall radiance.
- Age Defying Face Scrub (3.4 oz, $18): Exfoliates, resurfaces and refines the face by sloughing off dead skin cells and removing impurities, along with minimizing the appearance of uneven skin tone.
- Age Defying Body Scrub (7.5 oz, $19.50): Supports positive aging from head to toe with a gentle-yet-effective formula that regenerates skin's luminosity and suppleness, while detoxifying and deeply cleansing all over to reveal a healthy and balanced skin tone.
Alaffia believes in embracing age positivity, and this new Collection is for consumers who want to treat concerns related to mature skin while using Fair Trade products to protect and polish skin.
"This compelling launch brings together the ideal natural ingredient-based skin rejuvenation lineup," said Daya Fields, Alaffia's Senior Vice President of Marketing and Product Development. "We've taken a long look at our consumers' most commonly expressed concerns around aging and textural changes such as loss of elasticity, skin dehydration and environmental impact. The Age Defying Collection is our answer for those concerns, allowing consumers to feel empowered to take control of aging with products that are safe to use and performance-based."
"Age Defying is a collection of treatment products created to repair past damage and prevent future concerns. We encourage using these specialty treatment products in addition to your existing skincare routine," she added. "We have taken Alaffia's core values of efficacious products and indigenous ingredients to redefine the way targeted and regenerative skincare products are made today."
The Age Defying Collection features Fair Trade ingredients that deeply hydrate and revitalize skin, while protecting against natural environment aggressors like pollution, ultraviolet (UV) rays, infrared (IR) rays and blue light—leading causes of wrinkles and sagging skin.
Key ingredients in the collection include those known for their skin rejuvenation and nourishing properties, such as:
- Okra Extract: The humble green vegetable, packed with Vitamins A, K and C—instrumental in collagen production—is a flagship ingredient in the Age Defying Serum and Age Defying Mask, and has been shown to improve sagging skin.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 and Hexapeptide-12: This exclusive blend of both fatty and amino acids is used to boost collagen and strengthen connective tissue. As part of the Age Defying Collection, these two proteins help skin increase firmness and restore elasticity—often within days of first application.
- Jasmine Stem Cells Enriched w/Mangosteen: The famed flower and tea is enriched with fruit of the Mangosteen Tree, which is widely used in Asian medicine to restore and heal.
Since its founding in 2013, the Alaffia mission goes beyond providing consumers with efficacious and safe products for hair, skin and body. The Washington State and West-African organization has been on a mission to alleviate poverty and advance gender equality, and has led numerous empowerment initiatives impacting close to 80,000 lives as of mid-2018.
Alaffia's social enterprise model means ingredients are ethically sourced from Alaffia's women's cooperatives in West Africa via Fair for Life* standards. Flagship ingredients, such as handcrafted shea butter and coconut oil, are then used to create natural beauty products here in the U.S.
Alaffia continues to be a leader in the natural beauty space with its unique social enterprise model, and recently launched the Repair & Restore Collection of hair care, styling and treatment products developed to provide maximum nourishment for all dry and damaged hair.
*Certified by the Institute of Marketecology as Fair for Life: Social and Fair Trade.
Bilal Kaiser: [email protected] / (310) 878-2560
Share this article