ANCHORAGE, Alaska, Oct. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Alaska Airlines is inviting residents across the state to join in celebrating Alaska Day on Oct. 18. Daylong festivities will be held at nine airports and three community locations in honor of the formal transfer of the territory of Alaska from Russia to the United States at Fort Sitka on Oct. 18, 1867. As part of the festivities, residents are invited to enjoy refreshments and enter for a chance to win round-trip tickets anywhere Alaska Airlines flies.
"On behalf of the 1,700 Alaska Airlines employees working in the great state of Alaska, we invite residents to join us in celebrating this special holiday," said Marilyn Romano, Alaska Airlines' regional vice president-Alaska.
Alaska Airlines will celebrate Alaska Day at the following community events and locations:
- 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., Alaska Airlines' hosted tweet-up at the Moose's Tooth, 3300 Old Seward Highway, Anchorage. Learn more by following Alaska Airlines on Twitter at http://twitter.com/alaskaair.
- Noon, Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce luncheon, Carlson Center, 2010 Second Ave.
- Noon, Juneau Rotary, Baranof Hotel, Treadwell Room, 127 N. Franklin St.
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Petersburg James A. Johnson Airport
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Wrangell Airport.
- 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Bethel Airport
- Noon to 2 p.m., Yakutat Airport
- 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Reluctant Fisherman Inn, Cordova
- 2 to 4 p.m., Adak Community Center
- 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Kotzebue Airport
- 10 a.m. to noon, Nome Airport
- 3 to 5 p.m., Barrow Airport
In addition to these events, Alaska Airlines employees will join Sitka residents at 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2011, for the official Alaska Day Parade.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air, subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group (NYSE :ALK ), together serve 90 cities through an expansive network in Alaska, the Lower 48, Hawai'i, Canada and Mexico. Alaska Airlines ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Traditional Network Carriers" in the J.D. Power and Associates 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 North America Airline Satisfaction Studies(SM). For reservations, visit www.alaskaair.com. For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air Newsroom at www.alaskaair.com/newsroom.
SOURCE Alaska Airlines