BATON ROUGE, La., May 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Albemarle Corporation (NYSE: ALB), a leader in the development, manufacture and marketing of flame retardants, announced today that it will increase prices of SAYTEX® flame retardants on shipments beginning July 1, 2011, or as contracts allow, at the following rates:
- SAYTEX® 102E (decabromodiphenyl oxide) by $1.00/kg globally
- SAYTEX® 4010 (decabromodiphenyl ethane) by $0.80/kg globally
- SAYTEX® 8010 (decabromodiphenyl ethane) by $2.00/kg globally
- SAYTEX® HP-900 (P)/(G) (hexabromocyclododecane) by $4.00/kg globally
- SAYTEX® HP-3010 (brominated polystyrene) by $2.00/kg globally
- SAYTEX® HP-7010 (brominated polystyrene) by $2.00/kg globally
- SAYTEX® RB-49 (tetrabromophthalic anhydride) by $5.00/kg globally
- SAYTEX® RB-79 family of products (brominated diols) by $4.00/kg globally
In addition to the April 15, 2011 SAYTEX® CP-2000 price increase of $0.35/kg, Albemarle Corporation will increase the price on shipments beginning July 1, 2011, or as contracts allow, at the following rates:
- SAYTEX® CP-2000 (tetrabromo bisphenol A) by $0.25/kg globally
Albemarle's brominated flame retardants are part of the Company's fire safety solutions within the Polymer Solutions business segment.
Albemarle Corporation, headquartered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, is a leading global developer, manufacturer, and marketer of highly-engineered specialty chemicals for consumer electronics, petroleum refining, utilities, packaging, construction, automotive/transportation, pharmaceuticals, crop protection, food-safety and custom chemistry services. The Company is committed to global sustainability and is advancing its eco-practices and solutions in its three business segments, Polymer Solutions, Catalysts and Fine Chemistry. Corporate Responsibility Magazine selected Albemarle to its prestigious "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list for 2010 and 2011. Albemarle employs approximately 4,000 people and serves customers in approximately 100 countries. Albemarle regularly posts information to www.albemarle.com, including notification of events, news, financial performance, investor presentations and webcasts, Regulation G reconciliations, SEC filings, and other information regarding the Company, its businesses and the markets we serve.
"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in this press release regarding Albemarle Corporation's business that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K.
SOURCE Albemarle Corporation