LOS ANGELES, Nov. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Alcantara, the Italian-made luxury material used to outfit the interiors of the world's most prestigious cars, is gaining more and more attention at major auto shows in the United States, Europe and the Asia Pacific region.
Audi, BMW, Ferrari, Ford, General Motors, Lamborghini, Porsche, Tesla and Volkswagen are among a long list of auto makers who have featured vehicles equipped with Alcantara at auto shows over the past 12 months.
Alcantara's Chairman and CEO Andrea Boragno notes that the company decided several years ago to focus more attention on the U.S. market as well. As a result, sales in North America last year jumped by 46 percent and are expected to climb by 25 percent or more in 2014.
During press days at this month's Los Angeles Auto Show, Alcantara will host a private VIP fashion show (Nov. 19) at Vibiana in downtown Los Angeles' historic fashion district, including a display of vehicles equipped with Alcantara from Lamborghini.
Attended by fashion designers, opinion leaders and automotive industry executives, the Alcantara event also will feature fashions from the collection of award-winning designer Yohji Yamamoto, as well as furniture from Ligne Roset and premier camera products from Leica Cameras AG, all of them choosing Alcantara for their creations.
Other noteworthy Alcantara programs and appearances around the world have included:
- At last month's Paris Auto Show, Alcantara showcased a one-of-a-kind fashion collection by India designer Manish Arora as part of the show's Cars & Fashion exhibit.
- At the Beijing International Auto Show last April, Alcantara partnered with Buick to create four new interior options for some of the brand's most successful cars. Porsche, Audi and SAIC introduced vehicles with interiors dressed in Alcantara as well.
- Earlier in the spring, Alcantara could be found on a wide variety of new cars introduced at the Geneva International Motor Show, including the Aston Martin V8 Vantage N430, Maserati MC Stradale, Pagani Zonda R, McLaren 650S Spider and Coupe, Ferrari 458 Speciale, Porsche 911 SRS, Ermini Seiottosei and Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4.
- Auto makers that equipped cars with the Italian-made material at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit last January included Audi, BMW, Fiat-Chrysler, Ford, Porsche and Tesla. The Audi Allroad Shooting Brake concept car and the Porsche 911 Targa, each equipped with Alcantara, made their world debuts at the Detroit show.
- At the bi-annual Frankfurt International Auto Show (IAA) last year, car companies that introduced new models with carbon-neutral interior materials from Alcantara included Audi, BMW, Ferrari, Ford, Porsche and Volkswagen.
Based on unique, patented technology, Alcantara also is the choice of other leading companies in the marine, fashion, home interior and consumer electronics industries. A registered trademark of Alcantara S.p.A., it has been certified as "Carbon Neutral," adding to its appeal for companies and consumers with a strong interest in the environment.
Alcantara is headquartered in Milan with research and production facilities in Nera Montoro, Umbria. More information is available on the Internet at www.alcantara.com.
About Alcantara – www.alcantara.com
Founded in 1972, Alcantara represents a prime example of Italian-produced quality. As registered trademark of Alcantara S.p.A. and result of a unique and proprietary technology, Alcantara® is a highly innovative material, offering an unrivalled combination of sensory, aesthetic and functional qualities. Thanks to its extraordinary versatility, Alcantara is the choice of leading brands in a number of application fields: fashion and accessories, automotive, interior design and home decor, consumer-electronics. These features, together with a serious and certified commitment in terms of sustainability, make Alcantara a true icon of contemporary lifestyle: the lifestyle of those who want to fully enjoy their everyday life, respecting the environment.
Since 2009 Alcantara is certified "Carbon Neutral", having defined, reduced and offset all the CO2 emissions derived from its activity. In 2011 the analysis was extended to the whole product lifecycle, including also use and disposal phases ("from cradle to grave"). To mark out the path of the company in such a field, every year Alcantara draws up and publishes its own Sustainability Report, certified by TUV SUD international authority and available also on the corporate website.
Headquartered in Milan, Alcantara production site and R&D department are located in Nera Montoro, in the heart of Umbria Region (Terni).
You can follow Alcantara at: