KIBBUTZ KETURA, Israel, December 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Algatechnologies Ltd., ("Algatech"), announces the launch of its AstaPure® 5% Natural Astaxanthin oleoresin, derived from Haematococcus pluvialis microalgae. This latest addition to the AstaPure family completes Algatech's line of natural astaxanthin oleoresin delivery platforms, with three concentrations: 5%, 10% and 20%.
- "The decision to offer AstaPure 5% alongside 10% and 20% oleoresin is to allow our customers more flexibility in product formulation development," explains Efrat Kat, Director of Marketing and Sales for Algatech.
- This standardized ingredient is sourced from a rich astaxanthin microalgal biomass developed at the Algatech facilities. The oleoresin is produced utilizing an advanced CO2 extraction technology that enables delicate separation without organic solvents, keeping astaxanthin's natural bioactive properties intact.
- "The combination of high quality and multiple concentration choices in astaxanthin products, plus extended shelf-life, allows a perfect solution for natural astaxanthin inclusion in a variety of formulations," adds Kat.
"The launch of a lower concentration of natural astaxanthin is in line with our strategy to add value for our customers through the development of advanced product forms and innovative bioactive ingredients utilizing the company's unique technologies," says Ronnie Meninger, CEO of Algatech. In addition to the new AstaPure 5% oleoresin, Algatech's R & D team developed several new formulations for use in functional food and beverages, all scheduled to launch in early 2016.
- Algatech's cultivation process employs an environmentally controlled process energized by natural sunlight for the production of high-purity astaxanthin ingredients.
- The company's proprietary production methods make it possible to standardize natural astaxanthin to almost any requested concentration. All AstaPure products can be used across multiple forms of dietary supplements, cosmeceuticals, foods and beverages.
- Algatech, a global biotechnology company specializing in the commercial cultivation of microalgal ingredients, holds Kosher, Halal ISO 9001-2008, HACCP and GMP international certifications, and is a member of the Natural Algae Astaxanthin Association (NAXA).
For further information, please contact:
SOURCE Algatechnologies Ltd.