PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education is pleased to announce the return of Advanced Employment Law and Litigation. This year's program will take place on March 17-18, 2016 at Washington Plaza Hotel in Washington, DC.
This course provides concise instruction on the current trends affecting employment litigation today. Highlights of the program include practice strategies shared by nationally recognized practitioners in the field, as well as a mock jury demonstration, featuring arguments by counsel, with a live jury deliberation before a judge. Past attendees have marveled at how much they learn from the mock jury demonstration, remarking that it is a key teaching element that is both entertaining and enlightening.
This year's course will feature two important keynote addresses, from EEOC Chair Jenny R. Yang and Solicitor of Labor M. Patricia Smith. All additional speakers are respected as leaders in their practice area, including Horace A. "Topper" Thompson of Chaffe McCall, former Chair of OSHRC, who will present an analysis of administrative trends in OSHA enforcement.
Additional featured topics include:
- Recent and upcoming Supreme Court employment law cases and rulings
- Regulatory developments at the EEOC, the Department of Labor, and the NLRB
- Retaliation, discrimination, and whistleblower case law developments
- ADA updates, including EEOC activity
- DOL initiatives in wage and hour, pay equity, comprehensive safety and health, and employee benefits, as well as key wage and hour litigation trends
- Ethical issues involving technology, class members, and settlement obligations
- Restrictive covenants in the workplace
- State and local laws covering additional protected classes, mandatory paid leave, ban the box, and employee classification issues
Registrations received by 1/31/16 will receive $400 off of the registration rate of $1,499 with the coupon code CX021EB4; and those registering by 2/19/16 will save $200 off the registration rate with the coupon code CX021EB2. Additionally, non-profit professionals can receive a 50% discount off of the registration rate if they register by 2/28/16. Click here to learn more.
About American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education
American Law Institute CLE is the continuing legal education division of the American Law Institute. American Law Institute CLE, a non-profit organization, is committed to the work of promoting continuing professional education for lawyers throughout the United States and to creating standards to ensure quality and relevance in CLE programs. American Law Institute CLE is constantly evolving to meet the needs of the legal profession, furthering a tradition of unparalleled service to lawyers. For more information, go to www.ali-cle.org.
CONTACT: Danelsy Medrano
Senior Digital Marketing Manager
SOURCE American Law Institute CLE