AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Nov. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Motor Authority's "Best Car to Buy" awards honor vehicles that appeal to enthusiasts most strongly with a combination of styling, features, acceleration, handling and value
- All-new 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C coupe's distinctly Italian design and mid-engine proportions highlight its purposeful design for maximum performance and inspiration from the brand's classic racing icons
- Alfa Romeo engineers leveraged advanced technological solutions from Formula 1, to develop a competition-capable architecture that includes a carbon fiber monocoque chassis with extensive use of aluminum, plus a composite body for an ultra-lightweight design and supercar-level performance and precision
- Direct-injection, mid-engine, all-aluminum 1750 cc intercooled turbo delivers 237 horsepower and 258 lb. ft. of torque for 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds
- Hand-crafted in Modena, Italy, only 500 serialized and uniquely appointed 2015 4C Launch Edition coupes are available in North America starting MSRP of $68,400
The 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C is the "Best Performance and Luxury Car to Buy" according to Motor Authority and was chosen as this vehicle offers sports car enthusiasts the essential sportiness embedded in the brand's DNA: Italian style and craftsmanship wrapped around cutting-edge and exotic technological innovations all designed for performance, excellence and driving pleasure.
"The Alfa Romeo 4C is beautiful, exotic, and incredibly fun to drive," said Motor Authority editor Nelson Ireson. "It's also a tremendous value, offering a carbon fiber monocoque chassis and turbocharged mid-engine layout around the price of much more ordinary sports cars, including some of those it beat out for the award this year, like the Ford Mustang, as well as more luxurious or practical alternatives like the Porsche Macan and Mercedes-Benz GLA45 AMG."
The all-new 4C marks the return of "the great Alfa Romeos" and represents the purest formation of the brand's DNA with its supercar-levels of performance and innovation, all while focusing on making the driver an integral part and completion of the machine.
"Having the 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C named 'Best Performance and Luxury Car to Buy' from Motor Authority is an exceptional honor," said Reid Bigland, Head of Alfa Romeo Brand for North America. "This accolade speaks to Alfa Romeo brand's exclusive combination of groundbreaking Italian design and unique technological innovations that highlight more than 100 years of performance and racing know-how. The 4C shifts the performance paradigm in North America, offering driving enthusiasts the passion and exhilaration of an Italian supercar crafted by hand from Formula 1 inspired materials – all at an attainable price."
Alfa Romeo 4C
Marking the Italian brand's highly anticipated return to North America, the all-new 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C offers driving enthusiasts a technical, mid-engine design inspired by the brand's legendary racing history and represents the essential sportiness embedded in the brand's DNA: hand-crafted in Modena, Italy: ground breaking and distinctly Italian style; an innovative 1750 all-aluminum, direct-injection, turbocharged and intercooled engine, delivering 237 horsepower and 258 lb. ft. of torque; a class-exclusive power-to-weight ratio thanks to its state-of-the-art carbon fiber monocoque influenced by Formula 1 and advanced technological solutions all for supercar-level performance at an attainable price.
Spearheading the Alfa Romeo brand's return to North America is the well-equipped 4C Launch Edition with unique design appointments, Track Package and serialized "1 of 500" plaque. This limited-edition model is available now with a starting MSRP of $68,400 (excluding $1,295 destination). An initial group of 82 Alfa Romeo dealers in the US are the first to sell the limited-edition 4C Launch Edition coupe.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC