NEW YORK, Feb. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Zagat Survey, LLC, the world's first provider of user-generated restaurant information, rolled out a totally new website with extensive free features. The completely rebuilt site offers the most powerful restaurant search tools available, along with expanded free content and increased recognition of member contributions.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/zagat/48730/
"Zagat has always been a brand powered by people and passion. Having listened to our users, we've re-envisioned ZAGAT.com," said Nina Zagat, Co-Founder, Zagat Survey. "We've greatly expanded our free content, Buzz dining blogs and innovative search tools as a result. The free content allows any user to get search results as potent as anywhere else on the web. We have an ambitious plan for the site's future and will launch more exciting features in the coming months."
New free features on ZAGAT.com include:
- Enhanced Search Tools: New interactive maps allow diners to search by clicking on any neighborhood, drawing an area on a map, or indicating a popular landmark. The diner can also use Zagat's vast set of restaurant data to find ideal places.
- Member Recognition: For the first time, Zagat is revealing the people behind the "quotes" by linking to members' profiles. And a new badge system rewards active members for being "First on the Scene," a "Good Neighbor," "Witty," etc. Members can also achieve "Foodie Status" and be featured on the homepage.
- Lists: Zagat has compiled hundreds of helpful lists – from Top Lists based on survey results to roundups put together by our editors – and they're now just one click away. Members can also create and share their own lists.
- Cuisine and Locale Ranks: These new stats show how each restaurant ranks in its cuisine category and neighborhood.
- Third-Party Reviews: The site now includes ratings and links to reviews from other prominent local and national sources.
- Member-Added photos: Members can upload their own photos of restaurants and dishes and view photos submitted by others.
- Percent Liked: This new metric will guide users in their restaurant choices based on the opinions of thousands of diners in the Zagat member community.
Users can also stay on top of the latest news on restaurant openings, closings, trends and more via redesigned ZAGAT Buzz blogs; find out about unique ZAGAT Presents culinary experiences, and sign up for ZAGAT Exclusives dining deals; make online reservations; access thousands of menus, photos, and more.
Premium Membership: Those who want all of the free content plus access to Zagat's trusted restaurant ratings and curated reviews, both on ZAGAT.com and Zagat.mobi, can become premium members for $24.95 a year.
For more information about the new ZAGAT.com, please visit: www.zagat.com/newzagat.
About Zagat Survey, LLC
Known as the "burgundy bible," Zagat Survey is the world's most trusted source for consumer-generated survey information. With a worldwide network of surveyors, Zagat rates and reviews restaurants, hotels, nightlife, movies, music, golf, shopping and a range of other entertainment categories and is lauded as the "most up-to-date," "comprehensive" and "reliable" guide ever published on all platforms. Zagat content is available to consumers wherever and whenever they need it: from the famous pocket-size, burgundy books, to ZAGAT.com, to downloadable apps for iPad, Android and iPhone. Zagat is developing mobile applications with the latest technology and has forged partnerships with digital upstarts like Foursquare and Foodspotting.
SOURCE Zagat Survey, LLC