AUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Allen Technologies, the leader in interactive patient engagement solutions for nearly 40 years, continued its impact on helping health systems improve patient outcomes and satisfaction in 2015 with another strong year of growth.
Allen's platform, deployed on televisions, tablets and bedside touchscreens, gives patients interactive access to personalized health education and enhanced entertainment options; ability to manage room comfort, request services and give feedback; and convenient access to their electronic health record.
Among the healthcare facilities choosing and launching Allen's interactive solutions last year were:
- Two Veterans Affairs medical centers –VA Loma Linda Healthcare System in Loma Linda, Calif.; and Veterans Affairs Hampton Medical Center in Hampton, Virginia, where Allen's system will integrate with the VistA electronic health record platform as well as food service platform Computrition.
- Planetree flagship facility Griffin Hospital, which selected Allen's E3 Patient Engagement Solutions for delivery on tablets provided to patients. Allen's E3 solutions will transform the tablet into an interactive portal for accessing their health record and care plan, requesting an array of hospital services, and accessing the Internet, music and games.
- Rideout Regional Medical Center in Marysville, Calif., launching Allen's E3 Patient Engagement Solutions in its new facility and existing tower. The system will integrate with the hospital's McKesson electronic health record platform.
- San Francisco's Chinese Hospital, which will deliver the E3 Patient Engagement Solutions in both English and Mandarin Chinese in the acute-care facility opening in 2016.
- Mercy Hospital Joplin, where Allen's interactive solutions integrate with patient education content partner Emmi Solutions to streamline health education delivery to the patient and improve outcomes.
"We are thrilled with the industry's response to our solutions. This sampling of client acquisitions and expansions reflects the strong interest we are seeing in Allen's broad integration capabilities and flexible modules to meet critical hospital pain points," said Allen President and CEO Jerry Folsom. "Our next-generation development is zeroing in on the key issues hospitals face – improving patient outcomes and satisfaction, reducing readmissions, operating more efficiently. We are focused on removing obstacles to patient engagement through creative interactive IT solutions."
In addition to adding new hospitals, Allen had a banner year in installations and renewals with existing customers, and launched several new products:
- E3 Patient Engagement Solutions on LG and Samsung hospital-grade smart TVs. These dramatically reduce the need for extra equipment and, in turn, the cost for deploying an interactive patient engagement system. Hospitals using non-smart TVs can leverage Allen's new plug-in solution that also dramatically simplifies equipment set up and lowers costs.
- Site-wide Notification, enabling hospitals to quickly push critical information to patients throughout the facility or in specific units through their Allen interactive system.
- Quiet Sounds Module, addressing a key pain point - hospital noise at night - by providing a more tranquil environment that improves sleep quality, speeds the recovery process and improves patient satisfaction.
For more information, visit EngageWithAllen.com.
SOURCE Allen Technologies