LONDON, April 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Allianz Insurance's new online-only car insurance offering, Your Cover insurance, is now available on leading comparison website, Gocompare.com.
Your Cover insurance, which is already available from www.yourcoverinsurance.co.uk, has been developed following research with over 4,000 consumers*. The product provides customers with the flexibility to build their own bespoke policy and choose the level of cover to suit their individual lifestyle and needs.
Customers can purchase a basic level of comprehensive cover and then add up to 14 optional insurance covers such as Breakdown, Foreign Travel and Roofbox and Trailer Cover.
Policyholders can also select the level of excess that is right for them and, unlike many car insurance providers, Your Cover does not charge administrative fees for any changes made to policies.
Andy James, head of direct for Allianz Retail, says: "Allianz is always looking to meet consumer demand and Your Cover insurance provides the flexibility to build a tailor-made car insurance policy with a level of cover to suit individual needs. This ultimately allows customers to have more control over their premium costs.
He added: "Gocompare.com is one of the most comprehensive insurance comparison services in the UK. Their commitment to finding customers the right product at the best price makes them another great partner for Your Cover insurance."
Scott Kelly, head of car insurance at Gocompare.com, said: "Our aim is to provide a car insurance panel that not only offers competitive quotes, but also caters for a varied range of risks. Your Cover insurance provides our customers with the flexibility to pick and choose their cover - helping to deliver competitive quotes and allowing policyholders to control their premiums."
Notes to Editors:
1. Gocompare.com launched in November 2006 to help people find the right insurance cover at the right price. It was founded by Hayley Parsons who has worked her entire career in the insurance broking and aggregator markets and was the first comparison site to focus on displaying product features rather than just listing prices. It was this philosophy that led to Gocompare.com becoming the first price comparison site to be invited to join the British Insurance Brokers Association (BIBA) in May 2008 and helped force older comparison sites to change their 'quick quote' ways and stop using assumptions to calculate Estimated figures. Today, Gocompare.com provides one of the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison services in the UK as well as comparing home, pet, motorbike, van insurance and breakdown cover. Gocompare.com is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
2. Allianz Insurance is one of the largest general insurers in the UK and part of the Allianz SE Group, the largest property and casualty insurer worldwide. Reassuringly in these uncertain financial times, in July 2010 the Standard and Poor's rating for Allianz Insurance was reaffirmed as AA- with a stable outlook and the rating of Allianz SE was also reaffirmed as AA with a stable outlook. Also in July 2010, Allianz Insurance won the General Insurer of the Year title at the prestigious British Insurance Awards, the third time the Company has won the award in the last six years.
3. Allianz Retail provides a wide range of personal lines products distributed through brokers, retailers, affinity partners, veterinary practices and direct marketing. For more information please visit to www.allianz.co.uk
4. *A survey of 4,000 motorists aged 18+ living in the UK was carried out by the Clear Ideas Research Company on behalf of Allianz Insurance.
5. Your Cover quotes are available online at www.yourcoverinsurance.co.uk.
SOURCE Allianz Insurance plc