NORTHBROOK, Ill., Dec. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) released an enhanced annual Sustainability Report to highlight its progress in fulfilling its role in society. This is the 15th consecutive annual report on the company's philosophy and results on responsible business practices and social impact. In-depth information is provided on corporate governance, ethics, environmental practices, inclusive diversity and social impact in alignment with the Global Reporting Initiative framework and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
"Allstate exists to create more prosperity for customers, shareholders, employees, agency owners and communities," said Tom Wilson, chairman and CEO of Allstate. "Our Shared Purpose articulates our approach to combining the values of honesty, inclusive diversity, engagement, accountability and superior performance to ensure we achieve this objective. This report is based on our leadership principles of being transparent, serving others and continuously getting better."
"Sustainability is integrated into every aspect of our business, from serving customers and shareholders today to building operating plans and long-term strategies," said Steve Shebik, Allstate's chief financial officer. "Sustainability is an 'and' conversation, not an 'or' conversation at Allstate, where we pursue multiple goals in an integrated manner."
- Allstate was named a "World's Most Ethical Company" in the insurance industry for the third year in a row
- Corporate governance practices received high ratings, with one corporate governance firm giving Allstate the highest numerical rating; the 2017 Proxy Statement was named the best proxy statement (large cap) by Corporate Secretary magazine
- Inclusive Diversity reporting was expanded to include governance practices and processes to ensure the fairness of compensation and performance results
- The Allstate Corporation, The Allstate Foundation, employees and agencies supported thousands of organizations to improve local communities with monetary donations and almost a quarter of a million hours of volunteer time. Much of this work is to empower youth and survivors of domestic violence
- Allstate received a B rating on its 2016 Carbon Disclosure Project response
The report can be accessed at www.allstatesustainability.com
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer, protecting people from life's uncertainties with 78 million proprietary policies. Allstate offers a broad array of protection products through multiple brands and diverse distribution channels, including auto, home, life and other insurance offered through its Allstate, Esurance, Encompass and Answer Financial brands. The company provides additional protection products and services through Allstate Benefits, Allstate Roadside Services, Allstate Dealer Services, Arity and SquareTrade. Allstate is widely known from the slogan "You're In Good Hands With Allstate®." Allstate agencies are in virtually every local community in America. The Allstate Foundation, Allstate, its employees and agency owners have a proud history of caring for local communities.
Financial information, including material announcements about The Allstate Corporation, is routinely posted on www.allstateinvestors.com.
SOURCE The Allstate Corporation