NEW YORK, April 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Allure, the beauty expert, today launched a competition to find the best beauty blogger in its first ever Beauty Blogger Awards, sponsored by Revlon. With thousands of beauty bloggers in the blogosphere, Allure is looking for the blogger who exhibits passion, talent, and a unique perspective on beauty.
Bloggers have become an integral part of the beauty world. Their savvy reviews of new product launches and strong opinions on trends inspire devoted followers. Their rapport with commenters has allowed beauty blogging to become a true—and influential—community. Allure has selected fifteen bloggers who embody this obsession—and we're asking our readers to help us determine which one deserves the title of Beauty Blogger of the Year.
Since the FTC published guidelines in 2009 governing how bloggers and celebrities are allowed to endorse products, bloggers, along with the reviews they post touting products on their blogs, are now held to higher standards.
The beauty blogger finalists make up a diverse group, ranging in age from 19 to 42, and include an astrophysics student, a medical student, and a former Wall Street executive who left big business to blog.
About the Competition:
- To enter the competition, beauty bloggers, no matter how big or small their following, were asked to submit their blog and five of their best blog posts. Allure editors sifted through hundreds of submissions and chose 15 beauty bloggers who will compete for the title of Allure 2012 Beauty Blogger of the Year.
- The top 15 bloggers will face-off over the next five weeks in weekly challenges. Each week, the competition's official website – http://blogger-awards.allure.com – will feature one blog post from each blogger covering a specific theme. The fifth and final challenge asks the bloggers to create a makeup video using a box of 70 Revlon products sent to them by Revlon and Allure.
- Allure Editors and allure.com readers will vote for their favorite blog posts each week. Bloggers will be ranked accordingly, and the blogger with the lowest score at the end of each week will be eliminated. The top ranked blogger at the end of the five challenges will be named the Allure 2012 Beauty Blogger of the Year.
- By voting, Allure.com readers become eligible to win weekly prizes, including a $500.00 Beauty Bar gift card, a pair of Blue Nile diamond earrings, and a Nook Tablet and a grand prize spa trip to Miami plus $1,000.00 worth of Revlon products.
- Voting begins today on the official Beauty Blogger Awards website. Visit http://blogger-awards.allure.com where you can view bios for the competing beauty bloggers and begin voting on your favorite blog post submission for the first challenge: Product Reviews.
Voters can keep tabs on the Beauty Blogger Awards by following Allure on Facebook (www.facebook.com/allure) and Twitter (@Allure_magazine) using the hashtag #AllureBBA.
The Allure 2012 Beauty Blogger of the Year will receive a trip to New York City, where she'll have backstage access to a runway show at Fashion Week, a tour of the Revlon headquarters and special preview of Revlon's 2013 line, and an invitation to the Allure Best of Beauty party. The winner will also be featured in the October Best of Beauty issue of Allure, get to display the Allure 2012 Blogger of the Year seal on her website, and have the opportunity to submit her work for consideration to Allure and allure.com.
Allure, the beauty expert, is an insider's guide to a woman's total image. Allure investigates and celebrates skin care, hair, makeup, fragrance, and fashion with objectivity and candor, and places appearance in a larger cultural context.