NEW YORK, July 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- How do you score a Max Mara leather bag, a pair of Diesel jeans, Marc Jacobs perfume, or Essie nail polish for free? Just pick up the August issue of Allure and grab your smartphone. Allure, the Beauty Expert, will team up with Microsoft Tag for the annual Free Stuff issue, giving readers multiple chances to win over 32,000 full-size beauty products and fashion prizes straight from the pages of the magazine and selected by Allure's editors.
- According to a national poll, 49 percent of women say sampling is the top purchase motivator when it comes to new beauty products.* With multiple giveaways each weekday in August, Allure's free stuff issue is an opportunity for women to try full-size beauty products risk-free at zero cost. Also, Allure will give away its most fashion prizes ever this year, offering two to three fashion prizes a day, from designer handbags and jeans to shoes, jewelry, and watches.
- This is the third year Allure will feature Microsoft Tags in its Free Stuff issue, allowing readers to access and enter all 158 first-come, first-win giveaways using mobile tagging on their smartphones. The giveaway attracted impressive reader engagement last year, with over 575,000 mobile tags and over 830,000 total entries.
- Multiple giveaways will take place each weekday in the month of August, and each giveaway is assigned a specific day, time, and deadline. A master Microsoft Tag found on page 143 of the magazine and on allure.com can be scanned at the appropriate time for a chance to win any or all of the giveaways. Readers can scan tags on 30 editorial pages at any time to receive a text-message reminder 15 minutes before the giveaways on that page take place.
- Readers can easily remove the master Microsoft Tag and schedule of all 158 giveaways from the magazine and carry it with them to ensure they don't miss a chance to become a winner. Along with mobile tagging, readers can also enter for a chance to win by logging on to allure.com/go/free-stuff.
- Accompanying this year's Free Stuff issue is a sweepstakes on Pinterest, Scan, Pin & WIN! Participants in the sweepstakes will have the chance to win a five-night trip for two to Hawaii. Look out for the Scan, Pin & Win! promotional page in the August issue of Allure, which will have six Microsoft 2D Tags accompanying six different beauty products. Log on to your Pinterest account, scan any of the six Microsoft 2D Tags, and register for the sweepstakes. Pin the product to your Pinterest page and you will be automatically entered. Scan each tag to increase your chances of winning. Starting July 24, when the sweepstakes goes live, readers can also enter for a chance to win at AllureAccess.com/scanpinwin. A Pinterest account is necessary to enter.
*Source: Promotion Marketing Association
Allure, the Beauty Expert, is an insider's guide to a woman's total image. Allure investigates and celebrates skin care, hair, makeup, fragrance, and fashion with objectivity and candor, and places appearance in a larger cultural context.