NEW YORK, May 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Bloomberg today announced its inaugural Bloomberg Breakaway Summit, a two-day conference in New York City on May 24-25, 2016 bringing together a select group of CEOs and CFOs who lead high-growth companies. Featuring corporate leaders, top investors and government officials who have successfully scaled their businesses--including Alphabet's Eric Schmidt, Cisco's John Chambers and SoulCycle's Melanie Whelan--Bloomberg Breakaway will explore topics like entering new markets, attracting top-tier talent, product innovation, M&A strategies and more.
The Summit is the centerpiece of the Bloomberg Breakaway Network, an invitation-only community of CEOs and CFOs who are leading sizable businesses with significant growth potential. Members include leaders of both public and private companies and represent a diverse range of industries, including financial services, manufacturing, telecom, technology and more. They will participate in breakout sessions around one of three key pillars--Leadership, Finance and Innovation--where actionable solutions will be created to tackle growth challenges. Each workshop will be summarized and published as a white paper by Bloomberg Media following the Summit.
"The Bloomberg Breakaway Network and Summit is an important effort on behalf of Bloomberg LIVE to reach executive leaders who are focused on growth and interested in investment," said Stacy Kennedy, Global General Manager of Bloomberg LIVE. "First-year membership was limited to a select group of 100 executives, and with 104 members, Bloomberg Breakaway is sold out this year, speaking to the strength of our programming and benefits of the network."
Full list of speakers at the Bloomberg Breakaway Summit:
- Steve Adler, Mayor of Austin, Texas
- Michael R. Bloomberg, Founder, Bloomberg LP and Bloomberg Philanthropies, Three-term Mayor of New York City
- Tracy Brown, SVP and Chief Member Officer, Sam's Club
- John Chambers, Executive Chairman, Cisco
- Rick Goings, Chairman and CEO, Tupperware Brands Corporation
- Arlette Hart, Chief Information Security Officer, FBI
- Fred Hochberg, Chairman and President, Export-Import Bank of the United States
- John Launchbury, Director of the Information Innovation Office, DARPA
- James Metcalf, Chairman, President and CEO, USG Corporation
- Beatrice Mitchell, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Sperry, Mitchell & Company
- Donna Morris, SVP, Customer and Employee Experience, Adobe Systems Incorporated
- Charles Phillips, CEO, Infor
- Jana Rich, Founder and CEO, Rich Talent Group
- Clifton Robbins, Founder and CEO, Blue Harbour Group
- Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman, Alphabet Inc.
- Thomas Stewart, Executive Director, National Center for the Middle Market
- David Trujillo, Partner, TPG
- Melanie Whelan, CEO, SoulCycle
- William Zerella, CFO, Fitbit
To learn more about the Bloomberg Breakaway Summit, including additional detail on the speakers, agenda and partners, please visit: http://www.bloomberglive.com/breakaway/.
Follow the conversation on Twitter with @BloombergLIVE and #BreakawaySummit.
The Bloomberg Breakaway Summit is sponsored by Cigna, TD Bank, UBS and Hitachi.
Bloomberg LIVE convenes newsmakers, influencers and up-and-comers for candid and compelling conferences that complement the journalism Bloomberg creates for its multiple global platforms: TV, print, digital, radio and the Bloomberg terminal. In June, Bloomberg LIVE hosts the annual Bloomberg Technology Conference, followed by the Bloomberg Markets Most Influential Summit in September and The Year Ahead in November. For more information, visit http://www.bloomberglive.com/.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 327,000 subscribers globally. For more information, visit www.bloomberg.com or request a demo.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/alphabet-executive-chairman-eric-schmidt-cisco-executive-chairman-john-chambers-soulcycle-ceo-melanie-whelan-and-fbi-chief-information-security-officer-arlette-hart-to-speak-at-inaugural-bloomberg-breakaway-summit-300269940.html