SAN JOSE, Calif. and TOKYO, Jan. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- CAR-ELE JAPAN -- Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) is demonstrating leading-edge automotive solutions based on its field-programmable gate array (FPGA) technology at CAR-ELE JAPAN, a premier international automotive electronics exposition taking place January 14 to 16, 2014, at the Tokyo Big Sight, in Booth West 8-49. The demonstrations will cover advanced programmable logic solutions for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), video scaling and graphic acceleration in car infotainment systems, and use of FPGAs to increase efficiency and performance of electric vehicle powertrains.
Altera and its partners, including Altima, Fujisoft, Hitachi Industry, Control Solutions, and TTTech are showcasing market-ready, FPGA-based offerings. FPGAS are programmable and can be customized for differentiated features and provide a cost-effective alternative to ASSPs (application specific standard products), microcontrollers and GPUs (graphical processor units). Particularly ideal for automotive applications, due to their small footprint and lower power requirements, Altera® Cyclone® SoC FPGAs enable low-cost designs that can increase system performance and provide design flexibility.
Altera In-booth Demonstrations
All demonstrations are centered inside an integrated "concept car" to visually illustrate the power of Altera FPGA and SoC technologies for various automotive systems, and they include:
- An HD-quality stereo vision IP suite and object detection solution demonstrated with partners Tokyo Tech Saneyoshi Lab and Fujisoft
- An HD-quality, multi-camera, surround-view solution using the Hydra Development kit from Altima and high-quality, surround-view IP from Hitachi Industry and Control Solutions, Ltd.
- The Altera SDK for OpenCL™ design flow showing fast deployment from algorithm to hardware, and enabling optimized software/hardware partitioning and multiple algorithm parallel processing
- An Altera Cyclone V-based Ethernet Audio Video Bridge (A faster boot for the video image transmission, bypassing the CPU)
- EV (electric vehicle) motor control demo, offering an SoC framework for multi-axis, simultaneous, high-speed motor control
Learn more about Altera's complete portfolio of electronic design solutions for the automotive industry, including ADAS, infotainment, EV and functional safety solutions at http://www.altera.com/automotive.
Altera programmable solutions enable designers of electronic systems to rapidly and cost effectively innovate, differentiate and win in their markets. Altera offers FPGAs, SoCs, CPLDs, ASICs and complementary technologies, such as power management, to provide high-value solutions to customers worldwide. Visit www.altera.com.
ALTERA, ARRIA, CYCLONE, ENPIRION, MAX, MEGACORE, NIOS, QUARTUS and STRATIX words and logos are trademarks of Altera Corporation and registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other words and logos identified as trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective holders as described at www.altera.com/legal
SOURCE Altera Corporation