NEW YORK, April 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- A world leading telecom equipment manufacturer has recently deployed Altibase for its presence service. The company, headquartered in South Korea, is also the world's largest semiconductor and smartphone manufacturer.
Presence service receives and stores user information and confirms presence and location of online presence. It requires a high level of stability and zero tolerance of even a momentary error or interruption. The company found its existing legacy disk-resident databases incapable of meeting its needs.
- The new DBMS should be capable of handling such complex queries as redirection and proxying in real time while providing a high level of stability.
- The collection of user state information delivered to the presence server and the data transmission should not be lost.
- The new DBMS should be highly scalable and cost effective in handling large sets of data.
After months of undertaking BMTs of various databases, the company chose Altibase on the basis of its performance, reliability and competitive pricing.
- Altibase's in-memory capabilities provide significantly high throughput and extremely low latency.
- Altibase's hybrid architecture enables the company to store and process an unlimited amount of data by utilizing its disk-resident database mode.
- Altibase is highly scalable with its scale-out technology, sharding, which allows for great flexibility and huge cost savings in dealing with a huge influx of data resulting from a rise in users and services.
- Altibase's ability to provide future releases and patches compatible with the company's existing systems was another plus factor.
- The services were improved with better quality and stability based on collection and process of data in real time.
- By utilizing Altibase's sharding, more services were added without bearing huge additional costs which might occur with addition of expensive high-end servers.
- Session information is not lost even when the users connected to the wired/wireless network change access points or change devices so that the call quality is guaranteed.
After nearly 20 years as a closed-source database, Altibase is now open source, and that includes its state-0f-the-art sharding.
For more information and download, please visit: http://altibase.com
Company Name: Altibase Corp.
Address: 40 Wall Street, 28th Floor
City: New York
State: New York
Country: United States
Media Contact: Paul Nahm
631 708 4749
SOURCE Altibase Corp.