CHICAGO, Sept. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In a recent proprietary study San Francisco-based Amazon Advertising, part of Publicis Worldwide, identified a new group of progressive consumers constituting 21 percent of the population, coined "The Choicefuls". This group is enthusiastically making choices that are "better-for-me" and "better-for-the-planet"...and in doing so, they're significantly happier with their lives.
"'The Choicefuls' represent a dynamic group of consumers in search of brands that mirror their values," said Liz Paul, Director of Strategy at Amazon Advertising. "Whether it's feeding their pets an organic diet or making exercise a strong priority in their lives, this group is constantly making purposeful choices."
"The Choicefuls" hold an important stake in environmental, health and wellness, retail and technology industries. They are environmental allies who choose ecofriendly brands for their personal care and household cleaning needs. They are tech savvy navigators who value the convenience of mobile apps and on-the-go technology. And in fact, when asked if they had a choice while being robbed to either give up their cell phone or their pants, "The Choicefuls" were 32 percent more likely than everyone else to give up their pants.
As a result of the study, Amazon identified six key conclusions that set the "The Choicefuls" apart from the rest of the American population:
"THE CHOICEFULS" LIVE A VALUE DRIVEN LIFESTYLE, AND THEIR PURCHASES REFLECT IT.
- 77 percent more likely to go out of their way to buy brands that share their personal values.
- 89 percent more likely to conduct extensive research before buying.
BECAUSE THEY LIVE A VALUE-DRIVEN LIFESTYLE, THEY DON'T SEE THEIR HEALTHY CHOICES AS A COMPROMISE. INSTEAD, THEY HAVE AN "IT'S WORTH IT" MINDSET.
- 10 times more likely to prioritize exercise in their lives even if that means rearranging their daily schedule to make it happen.
- 51 percent more likely to believe that healthy living may cost more, but the results are worth it.
BECAUSE THEY ARE LIVING THEIR VALUES AND DON'T FEEL THAT THEY ARE MAKING COMPROMISES, "THE CHOICEFULS" ARE CONSISTENTLY HAPPIER AND MORE SATISFIED WITH LIFE. COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE POPULATION, THEY ARE:
- 92 percent happier with their current weight.
- 43 percent happier with their work/life balance.
- 42 percent happier with their sex life.
- 30 percent happier with their professional success.
- Three times happier with their fitness level.
"THE CHOICEFULS'" PROACTIVE, HEALTHY LIFESTYLE EXTENDS BEYOND THEIR FOOD AND FITNESS CHOICES TO INCLUDE PET CARE, PERSONAL CARE AND HOUSEHOLD PRODUCT PURCHASES.
- 80 percent more likely to feed their pets in line with their own diet and lifestyle.
- 36 percent more likely to pay more for household products that are earth-friendly, biodegradable and phosphate free.
"THE CHOICEFULS" ARE FORWARD-THINKING CONSUMERS WHO ARE OPEN TO NEW EXPERIENCES.
- Two times more likely to enjoy experimenting with the latest healthy food fads and flavors, like cashew and other nut butters, buckwheat noodles, and harissa chili sauce.
- They experiment in new digital services and technologies. For example, they are 32 percent more likely to use mobile banking apps once or twice a week.
"CHOICEFULS" ARE GREAT CONNECTORS. THEY ARE:
- 50 percent more likely to regularly comment online, write online reviews, or blog about their lives or a topic that interests them.
- Three times more likely to say that people often ask their advice when it comes to making healthy lifestyle choices.
AMAZON ADVERTISING'S "CHOICEFULS" METHODOLOGY:
Amazon Advertising conducted a national study, sampling 1,294 respondents, ages 18 and up.
To learn more about "The Choicefuls" visit:
http://amazonadv.com/ - about/thechoicefuls
About Amazon Advertising
Amazon Advertising is a San Francisco agency focused on accelerating the growth of progressive brands. Progressive brands have big ideas about making the world a better place and they bring something new and good into peoples' lives, earning a chance at lasting devotion in return. The long-time lead agency for Kashi and P&G's Naturella, and more recently, for Nature Made Vitamins, Morningstar Farms, and Yogi Tea, Amazon is skilled at connecting a brand with a broader audience without losing its soul. Amazon has been part of the Publicis Groupe/Leo Burnett since 2002, giving Amazon clients access to global resources and best-of-breed specialists.
SOURCE Leo Burnett