WASHINGTON, June 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Ambassador John Bolton endorses and contributes to eight Republican primary candidates for elected office in 2016. The John Bolton PAC will donate $5,000 to the campaigns of Reps. Lee Zeldin (NY-1), Will Hurd (TX-23), Barbara Comstock (VA-10), Sens. Pat Toomey (R-PA), Ron Johnson (R-WI), Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), Richard Burr (R-NC), and Rob Portman (R-OH). The contributions are meant to ensure each candidate has the necessary early backing to campaign during the pre-primary period. Bolton has endorsed and contributed to 15 GOP candidates this election cycle.
"I am excited to endorse and support these eight candidates for reelection who understand the most demanding issues America is facing at home and overseas," Bolton said. "It is my principle concern to ensure that these GOP senators and representatives win their upcoming elections so they can safeguard America's security and prosperity in today's fast-changing global environment."
Statements from Bolton on each candidate:
- On Senator Ron Johnson: "Ron's background as an accountant and a manufacturer gives him the real-world perspective needed to effectively secure and allocate resources to keep America safe. As Chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, Ron is working every day to secure our borders, combat Islamic terrorists, and prevent cyber-attacks."
- On Senator Pat Toomey: "Pat believes that the most important responsibility of the federal government is to defend the United States and protect the American people. As such, Pat is working in the Senate to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons and is a staunch supporter of Israel."
- On Senator Richard Burr: "As Chairman of the Intelligence Committee, Richard has strived to provide resources to our soldiers and their families. For decades, Richard has worked on passing meaningful legislation to ensure our military has sufficient resources to combat America's enemies and ensure security across the globe. I am proud to support him and see Richard carry out more actions that will make America stronger."
- On Senator Rob Portman: "Rob understands the very real dangers facing our nation and recognizes the vacuum that occurs without America's leadership around the globe. From his steadfast support of Israel, to his leadership on Ukraine, to the ongoing conflicts in the Middle East, Rob is the leader America needs to help achieve peace through strength."
- On Senator Kelly Ayotte: "As a member of the Armed Services Committee, Kelly is one of the nation's foremost voices for a strong defense and a sound national security strategy. She has led efforts to stop the release of dangerous terrorists from Guantanamo Bay, fought to prevent devastating cuts to the defense budget that undermine our military at a time of growing threats, and worked to rein in wasteful spending in Washington."
- On Representative Lee Zeldin: "As a freshman Congressman and Major in the U.S. Army Reserve, Lee has shown rare commitment and accumulative experiences in veteran and foreign affairs. Lee protected our country in the combat zone, and I look forward to seeing him protect America in Washington."
- On Representative Will Hurd: "Before elected to office, Will spent a decade as a CIA operative collecting and analyzing intelligence that influenced the national security agenda. I am confident he will remain a valuable asset to Congress on the emerging issues and threats we are facing in a dynamic environment."
- On Representative Barbara Comstock: "Barbara's leadership capabilities are well demonstrated in her communications efforts to coordinate with the Department of Justice, the FBI, and other agencies following the September 11th terrorist attack. I look forward to seeing Barbara continue her work to strengthen our national security."
During the 2014 election cycle, the John Bolton PAC and John Bolton SuperPAC collectively raised over $7.5 million, endorsed 87 Republican candidates across the country and contributed more than $470,000 to candidates who demonstrated commitment to strong national security policy. Additionally, the Bolton SuperPAC executed an extensive $5 million digital ad campaign that was implemented in 14 states, including robust efforts in New Hampshire, Iowa, Arkansas, and North Carolina.
About John Bolton PAC (www.boltonpac.com): The John Bolton PAC was founded by former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. John R. Bolton to raise the awareness of the critical importance of U.S. national security in federal elections. The PAC will support and contribute to candidates who are committed to restoring strong American economic and national security policies that secure America's interests in a challenging world.
Garrett Marquis, Prism Group
[email protected] 202.709.8837
SOURCE John Bolton PAC