ST. LOUIS, Jan. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Amdocs (NYSE: DOX), the leading provider of customer experience systems, today unveiled Amdocs CES 8, the industry's most advanced product portfolio designed to enable service providers to run leaner today, while preparing them to lead in the connected world where it's predicted that by 2017 more than seven trillion devices will require support, bandwidth and new business models.
Amdocs CES 8 helps service providers evolve and expand quickly by exposing network, IT and data assets to a growing ecosystem of content and developer partners. The portfolio drives personalized and simple customer experiences by concealing the complexities of new applications and devices from the end user, all while ensuring that service providers can run lean and agile operations with the industry's most advanced technology that lowers cost and improves efficiency.
"In the connected world, dynamic customer demand, new technologies, and increased bandwidth require flexible and cost efficient operations," said Larry Goldman, head of subscription research at Analysys Mason. "Amdocs continues to deliver on its technical and business vision so that service providers can compete effectively - forging new business models, expanding relationships and leveraging their valuable assets: their customers, network and product data."
Service providers have the opportunity to expand their reach within communications, media and entertainment. In addition, they have an opportunity to expand into new verticals with new services, revenue streams and business models. Amdocs CES 8 enables services providers to expand quickly.
- Improve network planning with mobile backhaul capacity management operational product pack: This pre-packaged solution provides the mobile network planning and design tools required to address the specific needs of 3G and 4G/LTE Radio Access Networks. The product set is highly configurable to adapt to new technologies and equipment types, translating into rapid network upgrades and reduced total cost of ownership.
- Innovate and profit with new services: jNetX, recently acquired by Amdocs, provides a Java-based convergent service platform that synchronizes network services across legacy and IP network elements for rich communication applications in a standardized development environment. Amdocs jNetX is the service control point for Amdocs' prepaid solutions, managing real-time credit authorization and account deduction, integrating with Amdocs Convergent Charging real-time rating and account balance management.
- Enhance product lifecycle management: This new offering includes an information-driven approach to product lifecycle management, combining the Amdocs Enterprise Product Catalog with a workflow engine to enable service providers to rapidly define and launch new products. The offering addresses all aspects of a product's lifecycle, from inception through design, deployment, maintenance and retirement.
Driving the Customer Experience
The connected world will impact every aspect of consumers' lives, making the customer experience paramount. Amdocs CES 8 enables service providers to deliver and drive a superior, personalized experience across multiple touch points.
- One e-commerce experience for all goods and services - from devices and accessories to pricing plans, ring tones and video: Amdocs Universal Storefront hides the complexity of service providers' different offerings and configurations, allowing consumers to experience a familiar, simple shopping experience.
- Resolve device problems more quickly: Integrating industry-leading Amdocs CRM products with a mobile device management partner, this solution allows customer care agents to resolve smart device issues more efficiently. Customer service agents can see who the customer is, what device he or she has, what applications may need to be updated or configured, and immediately run diagnostics on the device.
- Personalize and monetize customer interaction: Amdocs ChangingWorlds' mobile internet portal delivers personalization for quick and easy access to relevant content based on users' specific interests. The technology also delivers prioritized portal menus based on users' previous searched content, thus reducing the number of clicks to relevant content.
Service providers need to run leaner, more flexible operations. Amdocs CES 8 helps service providers embrace streamlined, agile operations that lower costs structures, while enabling them to respond faster to the market.
Reduce hardware and maintenance costs with small machine architecture - Amdocs Convergent Charging (Turbo Charging): Amdocs' real-time charging product supports the Linux/x86 operating system, and can now run on multiple servers based on the Intel® Xeon® family of processors, or on other x86 processors. As a result, service providers can support surging prepaid subscriber bases and data services proliferation by adding low-cost servers, and maintaining efficient charging operations.
In a recent benchmark that ran charging scenarios for 150 million subscribers, Amdocs Convergent Charging (Turbo Charging) set the industry record when measuring real-time charging performance for 120 million prepaid subscribers with 230,000 events per second. Using a single, real-time process flow for both prepaid and postpaid scenarios, the product also enables service providers to improve charging performance and reduce hardware requirements for convergent charging operations, as well as offer real-time services such as usage notifications to postpaid subscribers for better insight into individual data consumption.
Maximize network and IT utilization: Amdocs has introduced a new configuration management solution to support both IT and network components of their service provision infrastructure called the Amdocs Configuration Management Database (CMDB) Service Operational Product Pack. The CMDB manages the configuration of both IT and network resources for next generation network environments in a single database to ITIL standards.
For more information about Amdocs CES 8, please visit www.amdocs.com.
Amdocs is the market leader in customer experience systems innovation. The company combines business and operational support systems, service delivery platforms, proven services, and deep industry expertise to enable service providers and their customers to do more in the connected world. Amdocs' offerings help service providers explore new business models, differentiate through personalized customer experiences, and streamline operations. A global company with revenue of $2.86 billion in fiscal 2009, Amdocs has approximately 17,000 employees and serves customers in more than 60 countries worldwide. For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com
Amdocs' Forward-Looking Statement
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about Amdocs' growth and business results in future quarters. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be obtained or that any deviations will not be material. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ from those anticipated. These risks include, but are not limited to, the effects of general economic conditions, Amdocs' ability to grow in the business segments it serves, adverse effects of market competition, rapid technological shifts that may render the Company's products and services obsolete, potential loss of a major customer, our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers, and risks associated with operating businesses in the international market. Amdocs may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, however the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These and other risks are discussed at greater length in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2009, filed on December 7, 2009.