SAN DIEGO, Jan. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- The American Council on Exercise (ACE), America's leading authority on fitness and one of the largest fitness certification, education and training organizations in the world, today announced the launch of a new online resource for consumers. In conjunction with its 25th anniversary, ACE created the "Get Fit" Web site to provide a comprehensive resource of trustworthy health and fitness tools, exercise information and publications for consumers. This will be housed within the organization's existing site, a respected source for fitness industry professionals, and located at www.acefitness.org/getfit. The "Get Fit" consumer portal is designed to inform, inspire, educate and motivate people to lead an active and healthy lifestyle by offering credible workout routines, exercise information, fitness facts, and personal training resources at no cost.
"Over the past 25 years, ACE has established itself as a trusted and reputable source that America can look to for reliable information on health and fitness," says Scott Goudeseune, ACE's President and Chief Operating Officer. "We are excited to be able to utilize the expertise of our fitness professionals and, in turn, share this knowledge with consumers everywhere through 'Get Fit.' ACE has always been, and will continue to be, committed to enriching quality of life through safe and effective exercise and physical activity. Combining a tool like 'Get Fit' together with our fitness professionals, we will be a formidable force in the fitness industry."
ACE's "Get Fit" Web site, www.acefitness.org/getfit, is an easy-to-navigate, one-stop shop for all health, exercise and fitness needs. Features include:
- Exercise Library: ACE's extensive online library provides step-by-step instruction on how to properly and safely perform proven exercises, ranging from beginner to advanced levels, at maximum effectiveness.
- Workout Routines: Free sample exercise programs from ACE include a warm-up, full workout and cool-down in addition to step-by-step exercise demonstrations and guidance on frequency and intensity levels straight from ACE's fitness experts.
- Fitness Calculators/Tools: A series of interactive health and fitness calculators and tools help both consumers and fitness professionals properly tailor an exercise and fitness program to their needs, including tools for determining your body mass index, target heart rate zone, daily caloric needs, physical activity requirements for weight loss and more.
- Exercise and Fitness Reviews: As the nation's "workout watchdog," ACE conducts independent expert reviews that target fitness products, programs and trends to empower consumers and fitness enthusiasts to make informed decisions.
- Health & Fitness Tips and Fit Facts(TM): ACE provides quick tips offering insight into the latest research, studies, trends and workouts along with one-page information sheets containing valuable how-to information and tips in an easy-to-read format.
- Research Studies: ACE enlists the expertise of top researchers at major universities across the country to conduct studies on fitness products and trends, with the purpose of protecting the public against unsafe and ineffective products.
- Other features include a free database of over 2,000 healthy recipes, an "Ask the Expert" blog that utilizes ACE's team of certified personal trainers to answer consumer's fitness questions, an extensive database to help consumers find an ACE-certified trainer and resources for youth fitness.
In celebration of its 25 years in the exercise and fitness industry, ACE has also created a retrospective gallery on the new "Get Fit" Web site to show how personal training and fitness has evolved and to celebrate the individuals, trends and accomplishments that have transformed fitness into what it is today. The retrospective gallery pays tribute to ACE's long heritage and demonstrates its ongoing commitment and dedication to the fitness industry.
The American Council on Exercise (ACE), America's premier certification, education and training organization, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting the benefits of physical activity and protecting consumers against unsafe and ineffective fitness products and instruction. ACE sponsors university-based exercise science research and is the world's largest nonprofit fitness certifying organization. For more information on ACE and its programs, call (800) 825-3636 or log onto the ACE Web site at www.acefitness.org.
SOURCE American Council on Exercise