ENDICOTT, N.Y., March 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Amphenol Cables on Demand (www.CablesOnDemand.com), an online subsidiary of interconnect-industry leader, Amphenol Corporation, proudly announces the expansion of its newest series of in-stock no lead-time SFP28 Direct Attach Copper Cables; supporting blazing-fast data throughput at speeds of up to 28.05 Gigabits per second. This precision-engineered SFP28 Direct Attach Cable (DAC) line is now available factory-direct through Amphenol Cables on Demand with special introductory pricing as low as $40.15 per cable (0.5m length).
Adapting to the strict technical standards demanded by the new SFP28 interface is no easy feat considering it requires more than double the operating bandwidth of its popular predecessor: Passive SFP+ Direct Attach Cable Assemblies for 10-Gigabit Ethernet applications, according to Nick Blas, Cables on Demand Product Manager. "By combining the engineering and manufacturing expertise of multiple Amphenol divisions and fabricating every component in-house (PCB, Connector/Backshell and Cable), Amphenol is one of very few interconnect manufacturers capable of bringing a true SFF-8402 compliant SFP28 Direct Attach Cable to market at the volumes needed to ensure same-day availability when others are quoting excessive lead-times."
Although still early in its development, the new 32G Fibre Channel (32GFC) interface standard also utilizes the SFP28 interconnect platform. Amphenol's debut family of SFP28 Passive Direct Attach Copper Cable Assemblies feature a protocol-agnostic design and therefore support multiple interface standards at the time of launch; including 25-Gigabit Ethernet (25GbE) for ToR (Top of Rack) datacenter applications and 32G Fibre Channel (32GFC) for network storage applications.
In order to ensure compatibility with your SFP28 switch or host bus adapter (HBA), Amphenol SFP28 Direct Attach Cables are in full compliance with the latest SFF-8402 multi-source agreement (MSA) specifications; ensuring their use as compatible drop-in replacements for competing SFP28 DAC products from the world's leading network hardware OEMs. Amphenol SFP28 Direct Attach Copper Cables are sold in lengths ranging from 0.5m (1.6') to 5m (16.4') and feature either 30 or 26 AWG Amphenol Spectra-Strip SKEWCLEAR wire depending upon cable length. Key product features include:
- SFP28 25G Direct Attach Passive Copper Cables by Amphenol
- OEM Equivalent SFP28 Cables Connect to any Security-Free SFP28 Port
- 30-Days 100% Satisfaction Guarantee with No Restocking Fees
- 25G Ethernet, 32G Fibre Channel, InfiniBand & SONET multi-platform support
- Zinc die-cast SFF-8402 SFP28 connectors with push-to-release latching
- Available in 0.5m (1.6'), 1m (3.3'), 2m (6.6'), 3m (9.8') and 5m (16.4') lengths
- High performance quad-shielded 26 or 30 AWG twinaxial SKEWCLEAR wire
- Built and tested by industry leader Amphenol High Speed Interconnects
- Low cross-talk and pair-to-pair skew for enhanced signal integrity
- Fully compliant to the latest SFF-8402 SFP28 MSA (multi-source agreement)
- Exceeds 25-Gigabit Ethernet and 32G Fibre Channel performance standards
- Enjoy a reduced power budget and lower port cost compared to optical
- Ordering Questions? Call 1-866-223-2860 or E-mail: email@example.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/amphenol-expands-same-day-availability-of-sfp28-direct-attach-copper-cable-assemblies-for-25-gigabit-ethernet-25gbe-datacenter-applications-via-its-cables-on-demand-division-300424654.html
SOURCE Amphenol Cables on Demand