PARAMUS, N.J., March 11, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- During the 33nd edition of the World Championship Cheese Contest in Wisconsin (USA), FrieslandCampina scored 22 medals overall: 7 gold, 9 silver and 6 bronze medals. In the final round of the championship the North Holland Gouda cheese came third and with this was declared 'Second Runner Up'. The matured cheese is made by FrieslandCampina at the cheese production location in Lutjewinkel in the Dutch province of North Holland.
FrieslandCampina is one of the world's largest dairy companies and the largest producer of Gouda cheese worldwide. FrieslandCampina took all three medals, Gold, Silver and Bronze in the Gouda mild and Gouda mature classes as well as Gold in Gouda extra mature. FrieslandCampina is a company rich in heritage with a history of dairy products across the globe since 1871 and in the U.S. for more than fifty years. FrieslandCampina farms, factories and products have long been a part of the daily life of millions of people all over the world. FrieslandCampina did win the Best of Show title in 2004 with Rembrandt® and in 2012 for Vermeer®.
"We are honored and thrilled to have won so many medals and top honors in the World Champion Cheese Contest," says Gert Jan Poort, President FrieslandCampina Consumer Dairy North America. "The competition is judged by a highly esteemed panel of judges from around the world and we are very proud to have received such outstanding awards. As a leading international dairy company, FrieslandCampina is ready to meet the needs of today's consumer with superior products that cheese enthusiasts demand."
FrieslandCampina is proud of these fine results as well as of all colleagues who have made such a great effort to achieve these.
Here are the winning results for FrieslandCampina:
- Holland Master, North-Holland Gouda Mild PGI (class 39: Gouda, Young 0-4 Months) Lutjewinkel
- Lutjewinkel Noord Hollandse Gouda Big Wheel PDO (class 40: Gouda, Mature 4-10 Months) Lutjewinkel
- Rotterdamsche Oude 55 Weeks PDO (class 41: Gouda, Extra Aged 10+Months) Lutjewinkel
- Kroon Edam Ball Mild PGI (class 38: Edam) Marum
- Boeren Bonte Farmhouse Cheese Chimmi Churry (class 71: Hard Cheeses, Flavored) Juweel
- Milner 30+ Extra Matured (class 74: Reduced Fat Soft & Semi-Soft Cheeses) Steenderen
- Caprimera 50+ Met Pepper (class 90: Semi-Soft Goat's Milk Cheeses, Flavored) Zijerveld
- Lutjewinkel Noord Hollandse Gouda Big Wheel PDO (class 39: Gouda, Young 0-4 Months) Lutjewinkel
- Holland Master, Holland Gouda PGI Matured (class 40: Gouda, Mature 4-10 Months) Lutjewinkel
- Frico Edam Ball Mild PGI (class 38: Edam) Marum
- Skylger, Island Cheese 55+ (Class 66: Semi-Soft Cheeses) Skylger
- Milner 30+ Mild (class 74: Reduced Fat Soft & Semi-Soft Cheeses) Steenderen
- Lutjewinkel 1916, 35 Matured Big Wheel (class 75: Reduced Fat Hard Cheeses) Lutjewinkel
- Lutjewinkel Reduced Sodium PDO Matured (class 77: Reduced Sodium Cheeses) Lutjewinkel
- Caprimera 50+ Met Rozemarijn-thym (class 90: Semi-Soft Goat's Milk Cheeses, Flavored) Zijerveld
- Ned Gold Full Cream Milk Powder (class 130: Whole Milk Powder) Leeuwarden
- Royal FrieslandCampina, Gouda Gold Block (class 39: Gouda, Young 0-4 Months) Lutjewinkel
- Rotterdamsche Oude, Holland Gouda, 36 Weeks PDO (class 40: Gouda, Mature 4-10 Months) Lutjewinkel
- Lutjewinkel 35+ Mild (class 74: Reduced Fat Soft & Semi-Soft Cheeses) Lutjewinkel
- Frico Belle Blanche Mild PGI (class 89: Semi Soft, Semi-Hard Goat's Milk Cheeses) Gerkesklooster
- Caprimera Liguria (class 90: Semi-Soft Goat's Milk Cheeses, Flavored) Zijerveld
- Ned Gold Full Cream Milk Powder (class 130: Whole Milk Powder) Lochem
Royal FrieslandCampina N.V.
Royal FrieslandCampina daily provides millions of consumers spread all over the world with dairy products containing valuable nutrients from milk. With an annual turnover of over €11 billion, FrieslandCampina is among the largest dairy companies in the world. FrieslandCampina has locations in 36 countries with a total of 23,816 employees at the end of the year 2019. The products of FrieslandCampina find their ways to over a hundred countries. The company has its Central Office in Amersfoort, the Netherlands. The activities of FrieslandCampina have been divided into four global market-oriented business groups, being Consumer Dairy, Specialized Nutrition, Dairy Essentials and Ingredients. The company is fully owned by Zuivelcoöperatie FrieslandCampina U.A., which has 12,707-member dairy farmers in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium and is one of the largest dairy cooperatives in the world. For additional information, please visit our website: www.frieslandcampina.com.
World Championship Cheese Contest
The 2020 World Championship Cheese Contest, initiated in 1957, is the largest technical cheese, butter, yogurt and dry dairy ingredient competition in the world. For more information, including complete results for all entry classes, visit www.WorldChampionCheese.org.