MOSCOW, April 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The first hotel interactive IPTV system based on the NetUP IPTV Combine 4x Hotel with Android IP set-top boxes has been successfully deployed in Hotel Dubrovnik situated in the centre of the Croatian capital Zagreb.
NetUP IPTV Combine 4x installed in hotel allows guests to access TV and Video on Demand content using user-friendly and feature-rich GUI of Android-based IP set-top boxes. The IPTV solution is connected with MICROS Opera hotel property management system (PMS) which enables the following features:
- welcome message on guest check-in
- hotel info page
- auto posting IPTV services to the PMS
- hotel bill view- messages from reception
- room status change via TV (dirty/clean) for the housekeeping service
Other key features of the solution are: single remote control (IP set-top box is hidden at the rear side of the TV set), desktop widgets with weather forecast and other info, animated wallpaper, games, Web browsing, messengers and all android apps.
Equipment used in the hotel:
- NetUP IPTV Combine 4x Hotel: IPTV middleware/billing, VoD server, interface to MICROS-Fidelio
- 200 pcs. of Vestel SmartBox IP set-top boxes, used as the client equipment
- Grundig LCD TV sets
- ATV RC-A1, custom remote control used for controlling both TV and IP STB
- Cisco equipment, used for network management
- Third-party streamers for distributing TV signal into DVB-C and IP
NetUP is an IPTV software and hardware manufacturer located in Moscow, Russia. NetUP was founded in 2001. For now NetUP's IPTV products are popular all over the world, especially IPTV Combine 4x - all-in-one solution to set up small-scale IPTV deployments.
This press release was issued through 24-7PressRelease.com. For further information, visit http://www.24-7pressrelease.com.