ORLANDO, Fla., July 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- As leading experts and fishing enthusiast are gathering this week in Orlando, Florida at I-CAST (International Convention of Allied Sports Fishing Trade Show), a new start-up in the space is announcing the first-ever connected technology platform for the fishing industry that includes the world's first rod-mounted fishing trip tracking device.
The platform captures data seamlessly throughout the fishing experience to offer fishermen detailed insights on their key fishing activities. The company's initial technology, The 'Anglr Tracker' is being unveiled at ICAST this week and is a feature product in the show's New Product Showcase. The Tracker records angler's locations, surrounding conditions, casts, catches, tackle, and more through an integrated mobile and web application.
"Connected technology has proven itself as a powerful way to increase satisfaction and engagement in activities," stated co-founder Nic Wilson. "The Sport fishing economy is 3X the size of golf and tennis combined in the United States and we have a huge opportunity to leverage our technology to increase participation and enjoyment in the sport of fishing and the data collected can benefit our fisheries to sustain the sport for future generations."
Innovative Technology Platform Connects Fishing In a Whole New Way
The Anglr technology platform includes two components that allow fishermen to accurately and seamlessly track their fishing trips, the Anglr app (iOS and Android) and Tracker.
The free Anglr mobile app includes a tracking platform, FishMode that auto-records entire trips with GPS and logs usage of terminal tackle as the 'Anglr Tracker' seamlessly detects casts, catches, and drops pins from the fishing rod.
The Anglr app also provides fishermen with:
- Customizable virtual tackle box with insights on top producing tackle based on locations you fish.
- Real-time weather and water data auto-logged with catches, pins, and other fishing activities.
- Advanced trip statistics to compare and share every fishing experience from beginning to end.
The Anglr tracker (Tracker Demonstration) uses smart sensors and machine learning techniques to automate the trip-tracking experience for the angler.
- Proprietary algorithms auto-detect key fishing activities, including casting, reeling and catching.
- Transmits real-time data via Bluetooth LE to pin events and provide metrics on the spot.
- Rechargeable battery with over 24 hours of fishing capability.
The Anglr Beta is available now on Google Play with iOS version to launch in September, and the Tracker will release in November.