NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., Jan. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- CloudBerry Lab™, a vendor of backup and management solutions for public cloud storage services, today announced CloudBerry Box, a public and private cloud-based solution that gives users complete control over the sharing and synchronization of files across multiple endpoints. Unlike other file share and sync solutions, CloudBerry Box allows users to select a preferred cloud provider and move data through direct connections between end-points and their cloud storage accounts. The solution provides unparalleled security as no third party web services are involved in data processing and users themselves control the data encryption keys.
In addition to putting users in charge of data security and giving them a much higher level of control over the synchronization and data sharing process, CloudBerry Box is also very economical, allowing organizations to take advantage of the very low cost – in many cases just pennies-per-gigabyte – that providers are offering those seeking cloud-based file services.
"Finally, SMBs and the resellers who serve them have an affordable, flexible solution that provides truly secure access to shared files from many locations," said Alexey Serkov, CTO at CloudBerry Lab. "CloudBerry provides the technology necessary to coordinate changes between users, while also storing the data securely at the cloud provider of their choosing."
Small and Mid-sized Businesses (SMBs) and the technology resellers serving them are increasingly demanding advanced, cloud-based file share and sync solutions for a variety of reasons: a mobile workforce that needs to access data outside the confines of the company office; a growing number of different device types being used to access and work with shared files, and the rapidly decreasing cost and easy accessibility of cloud storage.
The following features and functionality make CloudBerry Box unique among cloud-based file share and sync solutions:
- Complete Customer Control: The CloudBerry Box file share and sync solution can be run through a customer cloud storage account from any of the major cloud storage vendors, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage and several others.
- Private Cloud Compatibility: CloudBerry Box can be deployed in a private cloud environment with an Amazon S3 or OpenStack compatible interface.
- No Third-party Web Services Used in Data Processing: Data moves directly through connections established between computing endpoints and users' cloud storage accounts.
- Easily Implemented Military-grade, User-controlled Encryption: With CloudBerry Box, files can be encrypted on the fly with user-created passwords sent to the cloud through secure SSL connections.
- Data Compression: Synced data is compressed before being sent to the cloud for backup, which helps reduce bandwidth requirements.
"We love the functionality of CloudBerry Box," said Rick Jewson, cloud services specialist at Freom Pty. Ltd., a software development and web solutions company. "We are using it to store client files we can access from any computer without having to wait for the files to become available. The biggest benefit over other similar products is that we have full control over our data. It lives in our cloud account, and we can specify exactly what happens to it and where it is situated, which is excellent for answering data sovereignty issues."
CloudBerry Box is available as a beta version at no charge for a limited time. Please visit http://www.cloudberrylab.com/box for a free download.
About CloudBerry Lab
Established in 2008 by a group of experienced IT professionals, CloudBerry Lab™ provides cloud-based backup and file management services to small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs). CloudBerry's offerings include powerful, easy-to-use backup management capabilities and military-grade encryption using customer-controlled keys. Customers can choose to store their backup data with more than 20 online storage providers, including Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, HP Cloud, Rackspace, Softlayer and others. CloudBerry also partners with thousands of VARs and MSPs to provide them with turnkey, white-label data protection services. CloudBerry Lab is an Amazon Web Services Advanced Technology Partner. For more information please visit www.cloudberrylab.com. Follow us on Twitter at @cloudberrylab.
SOURCE CloudBerry Lab