NEW YORK, April 19, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Vice Admiral Syring, USN, Director of the Missile Defense Agency will keynote at the Directed Energy and Next Generation Munitions Event this June 20-22 in Washington, D.C. His keynote will address the Future of Directed Energy and BMDS Architecture which will provide insight on the potential to revolutionize missile defense.
Vice Admiral Syring will be joined by the following speakers:
- Brig Gen Julian D. Alford Vice Chief of Naval Research Commander, Marine Corps Warfighting Lab Office of Naval Research (ONR)
- Dr. William Roper, Director Strategic Capabilities Office (SCO) Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD)
- Dr. Robert E. Peterkin, Chief Scientist Directed Energy Directorate Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
- Dr. Tim D. Andreadis, Head of the High Power Microwave Section Tactical Electronic Warfare Division Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
- Dr. Kip Kendrick, Chief, Directed Energy Division Space and Missile Defense Technical Center (SMDC)
- Dr. Sean Ross, AFRL Directed Energy Liaison Science, Technology, & Engineering Directorate SAF/AQR
2016 Directed Energy topics to be addressed include the fields of Non-Lethal Weapons, Solid State Lasers (SSLs), High Powered Microwaves, Electromagnetic Railgun Technology (EMRG), Hypervelocity Projectiles (HVP), complex warfare environment, overcoming challenges on systems integration and more.
Join thought-leaders and colleagues from government, academia, and industry as we look at existing and future requirements to put this game-changing technology into the hands of the warfighter. As always Active Military and Government attend at no cost. Learn more here.
The Institute for Defense & Government Advancement (IDGA): a division of IQPC is a non‐partisan information‐based organization dedicated to the promotion of innovative ideas in public service and defense through live conferences and events. We bring together speaker panels and events comprised of military and government professionals while attracting delegates with decision‐making power from military, government and defense industries.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/announcing-keynote-address-by-vice-admiral-james-d-syring-usn-director-of-the-missile-defense-agency-300253814.html
SOURCE Institute for Defense & Government Advancement